Vasectomy Benefit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vasectomy Benefit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:45 pm

J35J wrote:I'm a little suprised by all the politically correct, moral police.

I give this guy a standing ovation!!!! }:-)

Treating other people with decency has nothing to do with being politically correct.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Treating other people with decency in the face of their indecency has nothing to do with being politically correct.

I think that's even more appropriate.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby J35J » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Treating other people with decency has nothing to do with being politically correct.

Decency schmecency, (this is all a little tongue and cheek), but come on. That was classic and that crazy b**** got what was coming to her! O:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Really, if the guy would have just showed some maturity and, when told of the pregnancy, said that it couldn't be his, this wouldn't have been an ordeal at all. But he chose to play this silly game, one which it seems that he got some sort of perverse pleasure out of, to try to teach her some kind of lesson.

I completely agree. Mad seems to think otherwise, as does ACS.

She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

Had she not played a game to begin with, this wouldn't have happened either.

I don't think that she "played the game first." He says he knew from the beginning that she wanted kids, yet he didn't bother telling her that he couldn't have kids because he wanted to keep having sex with her. It seems like "the game" started when he decided to come up with some grandiose plan for revenge rather than telling her he had a vasectomy.

Did she ask him to have kids with her? Did she ask him if he was interested in marrying her and starting a family?

Not according to the story. It's only what he "thought" she wanted.

So she gets knocked up by someone else, then tries to ruin his life forever by saying it's his, while full well knowing it could be someone else's.

That's not playing the game first? 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Treating other people with decency in the face of their indecency has nothing to do with being politically correct.

Agreed, but sometimes people just need to be slapped. Due to the damage she tried to inflict on this guy, she got off lucky compared to what I'd have done to her.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Really, if the guy would have just showed some maturity and, when told of the pregnancy, said that it couldn't be his, this wouldn't have been an ordeal at all. But he chose to play this silly game, one which it seems that he got some sort of perverse pleasure out of, to try to teach her some kind of lesson.

She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

I don't think that she "played the game first." He says he knew from the beginning that she wanted kids, yet he didn't bother telling her that he couldn't have kids because he wanted to keep having sex with her. It seems like "the game" started when he decided to come up with some grandiose plan for revenge rather than telling her he had a vasectomy.

Did she ask him to have kids with her? Did she ask him if he was interested in marrying her and starting a family?

So she gets knocked up by someone else, then tries to ruin his life forever by saying it's his, while full well knowing it could be someone else's.

For all we know she may have genuinely thought it was his. But instead of telling her it couldn't be his, he shows up at her house with flowers and jewelry pretending to want to have a relationship with her.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Agreed, but sometimes people just need to be slapped. Due to the damage she tried to inflict on this guy, she got off lucky compared to what I'd have done to her.

I still don't understand how she tried to inflict damage on him.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

For all we know she may have genuinely thought it was his. But instead of telling her it couldn't be his, he shows up at her house with flowers and jewelry pretending to want to have a relationship with her.

Even if she *hoped* it was his, that's as close as she could have gotten. She was not upfront that it *might* not be his, so she played the game first and he blew it up in her face. Fair enough to me.

Art Vandelay wrote:I still don't understand how she tried to inflict damage on him.

Really? It's huge and wins lawsuits! Defamation of character and emotional distress. I'll get back to that in a sec though. ;-)

We'll start with financial damage. 18 years of financial responsibility for a kid that she knew might not be his. How much does it take to raise a kid for 18 years? You know it's not free, and I'd be rich if I had back every nickel I've spent on my 8 year old boy. It's not going to get any cheaper either. She tried to financially take from this guy for a kid that she knew *might* not have been his.

Defamation of character. Simple. He knocked up a woman and then had to marry her because of it. Either that, or he doesn't marry her but still has a kid by another woman. Either way, he looks bad. Irresponsible to employers, future relationships could/would be affected tremendously due to it, etc. What's your reputation worth to you? She tried to destroy him.

Emotional distress. At some point it would come out that he isn't the father after years and years of believing he was. What's that kind of pain worth?

This woman tried to intentionally inflict massive damage on this guy and knew the whole time that he *might* not be the father, yet never told him and tried to destroy the rest of his life. Pathetic. I still say she got off lucky that he didn't do more.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:17 pm

And he knew that he couldn't be the father, yet he pretended that it could be possible so he could stick around for a while and actually inflict emotional damage on her.

Questions regarding paternity are not rare and are generally solved with a simple DNA test. In this case it wouldn't even have taken that. Anyway, as I've said, I'm not trying to absolve the woman of her actions, she's despicable as well, but I think his actions are worse.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:And he knew that he couldn't be the father, yet he pretended that it could be possible so he could stick around for a while and actually inflict emotional damage on her.

Questions regarding paternity are not rare and are generally solved with a simple DNA test. In this case it wouldn't even have taken that. Anyway, as I've said, I'm not trying to absolve the woman of her actions, she's despicable as well, but I think his actions are worse.

The fact he knew he couldn't be the father only comes into play after she lied to him and tried to destroy him.

So that makes her worse than him. ;-)

Had she told him that she didn't know who the father was and asked if he'd be willing to take a paternity test to see if it was him, then I doubt he would have done anything other than say he was sterile and provide the documentation if she didn't believe it. Instead, she tried to destroy him, and he made her pay the price he felt was reasonable for what she was trying to do.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk