Vasectomy Benefit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vasectomy Benefit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:23 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:No, she simply pins it on some other guy and that's that. ;-)

She's not "pinning" it on some other guy. Some other guy impregnated her. Or are only women culpable for that?

I think his point is that she obviously didn't want that man raising her child. She wanted someone else for whatever reason. Mad's using that precedent to suggest that she'll go find another sugar daddy.

But we don't know that at all. I could be that she actually thought the guy in the story was the father. Or even that she just hoped he was, so approached him about it first. Really, if the guy would have just showed some maturity and, when told of the pregnancy, said that it couldn't be his, this wouldn't have been an ordeal at all. But he chose to play this silly game, one which it seems that he got some sort of perverse pleasure out of, to try to teach her some kind of lesson.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:25 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Really, if the guy would have just showed some maturity and, when told of the pregnancy, said that it couldn't be his, this wouldn't have been an ordeal at all. But he chose to play this silly game, one which it seems that he got some sort of perverse pleasure out of, to try to teach her some kind of lesson.

I completely agree. Mad seems to think otherwise, as does ACS.

I still stand by my assertion that the best part of this story is that this guy cannot reproduce.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:25 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Also, I think its reasonable to note that we hear only one side of the story. Why would anyone assume that this guy is a trustworthy narrator and take his story as fact?

I'm not taking it is fact. But still with the facts presented she cheated on him got pregnant and then tried to pin it on him.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:28 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:No, she simply pins it on some other guy and that's that. ;-)

She's not "pinning" it on some other guy. Some other guy impregnated her. Or are only women culpable for that?

Where does it say she only slept with one other guy? She could have been banging 5 guys a day, and from the story, I'd believe that as being possible.

I do stipulate that the guy isn't 100% perfect either, quite the opposite as you pointed out. However, I don't blame him in the least for crushing this chick when she lied to him about the pregnancy being his.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:29 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Really, if the guy would have just showed some maturity and, when told of the pregnancy, said that it couldn't be his, this wouldn't have been an ordeal at all. But he chose to play this silly game, one which it seems that he got some sort of perverse pleasure out of, to try to teach her some kind of lesson.

She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

Had she not played a game to begin with, this wouldn't have happened either.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Also, I think its reasonable to note that we hear only one side of the story. Why would anyone assume that this guy is a trustworthy narrator and take his story as fact?

I'm not taking it is fact. But still with the facts presented she cheated on him got pregnant and then tried to pin it on him.

There was no "she cheated on him." He didn't want a committed relationship with her. When he refused to commit, he gave up his right to be upset if she slept with someone else.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

Had she not played a game to begin with, this wouldn't have happened either.

I don't think that she "played the game first." He says he knew from the beginning that she wanted kids, yet he didn't bother telling her that he couldn't have kids because he wanted to keep having sex with her. It seems like "the game" started when he decided to come up with some grandiose plan for revenge rather than telling her he had a vasectomy.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 pm

Madison wrote:She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

Maybe because this woman is pregnant and already emotionally unstable. There's no telling what that kind of person might do when pushed the way he pushed her.

Tell her the truth and leave. Be the better man.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:36 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Madison wrote:She played the game first, so why is he wrong for blowing her game into to pieces in front of her face?

Maybe because this woman is pregnant and already emotionally unstable. There's no telling what that kind of person might do when pushed the way he pushed her.

Tell her the truth and leave. Be the better man.

i agree he wasn't "being the better man", But I also don't think that you should get a free pass for trying to ruin someones life
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby J35J » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:42 pm

I'm a little suprised by all the politically correct, moral police.

I give this guy a standing ovation!!!! }:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk