BJ Upton: position watch, praise, anything! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

BJ Upton: position watch, praise, anything!

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Re: Upton

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:58 pm

byfrcp wrote:If you were smart and didn't start Huddy against Boston his career number were awful, his ERA for your fantasy team is about 2.50. The fact that he's 22 is not a good thing for this year either, but I want to see you talk about it when he's in a slump. And since when does a 5 category MONSTER not eclipse 25, 100, 100, 25, or .300?

Trust me. You are not going to find too many people who would rather have Hudson than Upton.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby byfrcp » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Yoda wrote:
byfrcp wrote:If you were smart and didn't start Huddy against Boston his career number were awful, his ERA for your fantasy team is about 2.50. The fact that he's 22 is not a good thing for this year either, but I want to see you talk about it when he's in a slump. And since when does a 5 category MONSTER not eclipse 25, 100, 100, 25, or .300?

Trust me. You are not going to find too many people who would rather have Hudson than Upton.

Alright I'll bump this thread at the end of the season when he has hit .280 for the season. Bye
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Yoda » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:14 pm

byfrcp wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Alright I'll bump this thread at the end of the season when he has hit .280 for the season. Bye

Good luck with Hudson...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Prooks25 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:25 pm

My God...He is NOT going to hit .280 for the season, he would have to go into a MAJOR slump to even come close to that. You've been saying this since the 2nd week of the season. The guy is a stud, you made a mistake trading him, just give it up man.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby facts » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Ill take .280 100R 27HR 90RBI on the season from a 22 year old 2B if thats the case!
facts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:00 pm

facts wrote:Ill take .280 100R 27HR 90RBI on the season from a 22 year old 2B if thats the case!

Same here.

Yoda wrote:

Yup, not me.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 324)

Postby killa3312 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:10 pm

byfrcp wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Your confidence that Upton will go in a slump (which you've been saying all season long, hasn't happened yet) is hilarious. The kid was in the majors as a 19 year old phenom back in 2004, went down to the minors, toiled a little bit, and then put in some serious work in the offseason and is living up to all the hype. This isn't some minimally talented player (ala, Chris Shelton) who is simply getting by on a hot streak, B.J. Upton is just really, really talented. He'll be a top 3 CF in baseball for years to come... he's that good.

But continue to use your cute little stats that indicate there's no way he can keep this up. He'll just continue to prove you wrong.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Re: BJ Upton: position watch, praise, anything!

Postby Prooks25 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Question DeeRay....

Has BJ been shut down from stealing bases for the time being? Since his first few days back, he hasn't even attempted to run, he also hasn't had one extra base hit outside of 2 ground rule doubles and a million HRs ( ;-D ). (Yes, I am nit picking with Upton now lol).
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby os_gamejunkie » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:28 pm

If some wanted Upton from team my it better involve Peavy or Beckett...and then I'd think about it.
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:26 am

I haven't traded him away in any league and am very happy thus far.

Hey Yoda, why didn't you bump the BJ Upton thread? :-D
Ok, so maybe it's a little long hehe.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Tampa Bay Rays