Cafe Mock Draft 2 on Yahoo! Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Mock Draft 2 on Yahoo! Results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 pm

jwhands wrote:Prior is not a reach in Rd 8. This guy is one of the top SPs in the bigs when healthy. He is coming into camp 100% for the first time in years, and I believe he will put up #s deserving of a starter in the top tier of pitchers drafted. So Rd 8 to me is a steal for an ace.

The thing is, 100% for Prior is probably closer to 75%. We've been hearing for years how he's going to be healthy THIS year. I'll believe it when I see it. And Prior hasn't pitched well the last 2 years when "healthy".
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
jwhands wrote:Prior is not a reach in Rd 8. This guy is one of the top SPs in the bigs when healthy. He is coming into camp 100% for the first time in years, and I believe he will put up #s deserving of a starter in the top tier of pitchers drafted. So Rd 8 to me is a steal for an ace.

The thing is, 100% for Prior is probably closer to 75%. We've been hearing for years how he's going to be healthy THIS year. I'll believe it when I see it. And Prior hasn't pitched well the last 2 years when "healthy".

At least Team Mock had Santana already in the pen or Prior as a #1 would've been dreadful. However, he had a choice between Prior, Schilling, Bedard, and Willis at this point before taking Verlander (good #3). I suppose he went with upside at this point, but I'm telling ya, Prior is such a worrisome pick that I imagine Willis or Bedard would've been safer. Schilling probably would've been safer for Wins, but he's got his own injury issues to worry about.

I imagine if TM waited until round 9 he could've gotten Prior, but it's likely by round 10 he'd be gone. If left alone by TM entirely, I imagine Prior would've been scooped up by either AuburnTigers or Cheesebeger in the 10th as a cool #3 pitcher.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 149)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers