2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am

Whichever one drops the farthest. I have a list of about 10 guys at 2B that are more or less the same value and all 3 of those guys are on the list. When that list thins down to 2-3 players left I'll grab who is there still.

If for some reason all 3 of those guys were still there I'd probably grab Kinsler because of his park, the Angels are going to struggle to score this year and Barfield will probably bat 8th or 9th.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 am

Yoda wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:Pecota's got em:
Avg/HR/Rbi/SB

Kendrick
.305/17/76/12

Kinsler
.285/21/79/12

Barfield
.267/15/65/11

I'd take Kendrick still over the three, I think he has a better track record in the minors, and can get that average up there past .310. He may steal a couple more than 12 also. Barfield wouldn't be in the same discussion of the two as far as upside IMO.

THe only thing Kendrick has over Kinsler is batting average.

Not so sure of that. The past two season's (including minors numbers) thier homerun rate has been very similar. Kinsler had 39 in 992 AB's and Kendrick 36 in 1026. Kendricks AVG, OBP, and SLG %'s have been alot better.

They both look like they could be 20/20 guys in 07 or 08...i'd then take the guy that could possibly hit .320 and have the higer OBP and SLG, and that is Kendrick.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DSheppard » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 am

kinsler, but yeah i wouldnt mind waiting untill 1 or two are off the board and taking whose left.

btw, ameriquest is not that good of a park for right handers homeruns. its fairly average in that respect.

still a good park for him to hit in with a good effect on average and some doubles, but just not particularly great for right handers homeruns HR, believe it or not.

of course, being fairly neutral in RH homeruns is better than being in a pitchers park.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:22 pm

What kind of steals numbers should we expect this year from Kendrick?
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:31 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:What kind of steals numbers should we expect this year from Kendrick?

I'd say something around 12-18, but no more than 20.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers