2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MiggyT » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Don't know why everyone's in love with Barfield. I don't see him improving that much now that he's in Cleveland. I would rate Kinsler slightly higher than Kendrick.

Also, I disagree with the person who said 2B sucks this year and to wait until the very end. I think after Utley, there's the overated group of Roberts and Cano, but then there's some real solid players in Rickie Weeks and Julio Lugo (who should be 2B-eligible in your league). If all else fails, Kinsler and Kendrick will do fine. If you don't grab one of those guys, you'll be stuck with Jeff Kent, Jorge Cantu, or Marcus Giles :-P as your 2B.. IMO a huge dropoff...
MiggyT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:44 pm

Pecota's got em:
Avg/HR/Rbi/SB

Kendrick
.305/17/76/12

Kinsler
.285/21/79/12

Barfield
.267/15/65/11

I'd take Kendrick still over the three, I think he has a better track record in the minors, and can get that average up there past .310. He may steal a couple more than 12 also. Barfield wouldn't be in the same discussion of the two as far as upside IMO.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dabum1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:31 pm

i was planning on staying off of kendrick
but i was looking for backup 2b and he fell to me in 19th round (12 team), so i took him
dabum1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:35 pm

one league i have all 3, will use one as trade bait plus kendrick can play first and if he does well i could use my 1st baseman as trade bait, plus ill play one at utility.

If one id take barfield
ttwarrior1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:18 pm

For me, it's Kinsler and not particularly close between the three right now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:33 pm

Philliebuster wrote:Pecota's got em:
Avg/HR/Rbi/SB

Kendrick
.305/17/76/12

Kinsler
.285/21/79/12

Barfield
.267/15/65/11

I'd take Kendrick still over the three, I think he has a better track record in the minors, and can get that average up there past .310. He may steal a couple more than 12 also. Barfield wouldn't be in the same discussion of the two as far as upside IMO.

THe only thing Kendrick has over Kinsler is batting average.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby johnsamo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:32 am

This is Kendricks first full year and also, last years stats were with him playing a position he'd never played in his life. He tore through every level of the minors with VERY high averages, so a 300+ would be no shock, and with scioscia managing, 20 steals are very doable. I'm also high on Barfield. He's got a lot of god hitters surrounding him.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 am

id go with kendrick

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:22 am

Kinsler by quite a bit, and this is coming from a halos fan.
Kinsler is hitting in one of the best hitters ballparks in the league. Even if he doesent have as much talent as Kendrick, he should double his power numbers just because of the ballpark. Kendrick may be a good base stealer this season, but nothing more. Wood is also a guy who could get promoted this season. Don't forget about Izturis who is in Kendricks shadow. The Angels are far 2 stacked in the infield.

Kinsler by quite a bit
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ukrneal » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:29 am

In a keeper, I just took Barfield and Kendrick. Whichever one does better, that's the one I'll play. I got them like 19th and 21st round, which I feel is reasonable. I was thinking of taking Giles later if he is still there - we have deep benches.

I wonder why everyone is so down on Barfield. I don't expect Utley or anything, but away from SD, he hit .319. He hit .241 at home, so if he can do better in Cleveland, he isn't a bad value pick later in the draft. Even at 10-12th round, he's not a terrible pick.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers