2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2B - barfield/kinsler/kendrick - who do you draft?

Postby United_I_Stand » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:13 pm

In 5x5 redraft standard league theres not much after Utleys gone in 2B to really get excited about. My personal strategy is to avoid reaching before round 11 and see who's available after then.

Three players likely to be on the board are Kendrick, Barfield and Kinsler, all have decent upside, but my question is, which would you draft and why?
United_I_Stand
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:24 pm

I like Kinsler, I think he has the best shot at going 20/20.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby clarence worley » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:26 pm

I would go with Kinsler followed by Kendrick and then Barfield a distant 3rd.
clarence worley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby King Of Kings » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:28 pm

Kendrick is so overrated...he hasn't done anything in the big league and people keep talking about him. I personally would not touch him and, by the way, he won't be there in the 11th round since someone will reach for him early.

I am also not sold on Barfield and i think he will be already taken in the 11th too.

Kinsler is the best option for sure but again, he won't likely be on the board at that time.

All the above considerations unless the league has only 10 teams, in which case i suggest you find another one because playing against just 9 other managers is bad imo.

Bottom line...the best option is Kinsler but you should reach one or two rounds to get him. If you miss on them, my personal strategy would be waiting few more rounds, grabbing Marcus Giles in the 13th or 14th. The guy had a terrible year but was once considered a consensuous top3 second baseman. He has the word "sleeper" written all over him this year.
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby United_I_Stand » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:41 pm

im assuming a 12 team league, and looking at mocks (participating in a few and looking through others) its usual to have atleast 2 of the 3 named still on the board after the 11th - in my experience at least.

also, giles, i think itd be a big stretch to take him in that early for a 12 team league. There are certainly 16 or so stronger bets, and I highly doubt anyone will be picking him up that early as a backup 2B. when they still have most pressing needs to fill.
United_I_Stand
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rhydderch » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:42 pm

I'd wait for someone else to draft the first two. All three are very similar no matter what anyone tells you, esp. in non-keeper leagues.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:54 pm

With the dropoff that exists at secondbase, I wouldn't draft a secondbaseman until very late in the draft, certainly later than the 11th.

I rank those three:
Kinsler, Kendrick, Barfield.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby DevilDriver » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:23 pm

Kendrick has the most upside of the three, I like him the best. After him Kinsler gets the edge over Barfield because he plays in a much better hitters park.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:18 pm

King Of Kings wrote:Kendrick is so overrated...he hasn't done anything in the big league and people keep talking about him. I personally would not touch him and, by the way, he won't be there in the 11th round since someone will reach for him early.

I am also not sold on Barfield and i think he will be already taken in the 11th too.

Kinsler is the best option for sure but again, he won't likely be on the board at that time.

All the above considerations unless the league has only 10 teams, in which case i suggest you find another one because playing against just 9 other managers is bad imo.

Bottom line...the best option is Kinsler but you should reach one or two rounds to get him. If you miss on them, my personal strategy would be waiting few more rounds, grabbing Marcus Giles in the 13th or 14th. The guy had a terrible year but was once considered a consensuous top3 second baseman. He has the word "sleeper" written all over him this year.

interesting that you are down on the guys that play in some of the higher scoring offenses, and at the better ballparks. But then recommend a guy that is playing for one of the lowest run producing teams, annually. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby daullaz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 pm

I have Kinsler and Barfield closely rated, with Kinsler getting a slight edge. I think Kendrick is a step behind both.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers