best team pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

best team pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:35 am

yeah i like the pads too, mostly because of the park though :-D

seriously though, and you're not even mentioning the fact that jake peavy probably had the worst year hes ever going to have and still was solid.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 am

Snakes Gould wrote:yeah i like the pads too, mostly because of the park though :-D

seriously though, and you're not even mentioning the fact that jake peavy probably had the worst year hes ever going to have and still was solid.

Yeah, true, and what you said about Peavy can be applied to Linebrink. Chronically misused last year to the point that Liney was only hitting 90 MPH whereas he routinely hits 94/95 most of the time. Now with Bochy not here to misuse him in '07, along with a successful pitching coach like Bud Black handling the managerial duties, it seems evident to expect bounce-back seasons. We also upgraded our bullpen with Bell, Ring, Brown, Strickland, etc. Our staff got better, no doubt, and that's with being #1 in a 5x5 format to begin with.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 am

i think the odds of linebrink being in SD when the season starts are slim to none

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:09 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i think the odds of linebrink being in SD when the season starts are slim to none

I think odds are he starts here. Once he gets off to a solid start, shows that he's better than his '06 statistics, and once Boston realizes just how poor their closer situation is, he'll be dealt. But I think KT realizes that Linebrink's peak value won't be realized into slightly into '07; at that point he's probably gone. It'll also be a lot easier to see our team needs as well as better access his expendability.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:09 am

Padres by far

Then i would say D-Backs

Then Marlins
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:45 am

as long as we dont have to count Errors the Tigers have to be up there...plus they added Jose Mesa ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Big Game JLo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:36 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:as long as we dont have to count Errors the Tigers have to be up there...plus they added Jose Mesa ;-7

Co-signed.

No one on that team is a superb-standout-drop-dead-Ace the likes of Santana, Oswalt or Chris Carpenter. But collectively, none of them are bad. Their bullpen contains some great pitchers. This is why the Padres came in second place in best team ERA. The Tigers collectively have a very solid group. Other numbers:
1st - ERA
5th - Hits given up
8th - BB's
5th - Saves
5th - Saves
21st - K's (not so good here)

Therefore, the Padres & Tigers should be the two teams that are highest on your list! ;-D
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Denmarch » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:44 pm

I just got the Padres staff on my auto-pick MLB.com team. ;-D
Denmarch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:50 pm

well if you go by ERA instead of adjusted ERA, you have to take NL teams. The lineups are ao weak that average pitchers become all stars.

If we were talking actual talent the best teams would be the Red Sox, Tigers, and Angels.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Apollo_Creed » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Agree with NL teams.

Dodgers or Padres both have good staffs, good parks, and a historically weak league. What more do you want?
Apollo_Creed
T-Ball Trainer

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers