Re: Gone In 4 Seconds

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers or significant others that they need to lock their doors even when they pump gas.

My wife doesn't put gas in her car, I do. And I don't know why more husbands don't do his for their wives. Just keep an eye on their gas gauge and keep it full. That way they don't have to worry about it and potentially putting themselves in harm's way.

I honestly don't think my wife knows what that thing is anymore (gas gauge). I've asked her, for fun, if her car needs gas. She gets a dumbfounded look on her face and says, "maybe". Anyway, it's a nice gesture, if nothing else, for you husbands out there. Don't want them breaking those back scratching nails do ya? ;-)

No offense, Omaha, but I find that obsurd.

Why?

I seems to me that you've taken something that is a relatively mundane and easy day-to-day task and turned it into something that is now, according to you, difficult for you wife to do. I'm all about doing nice things for my wife as well, but I don't want her to be dependent on me, just as I don't want to be dependent on her. There are certain things that I'm better at than my wife, most work involving our vehicles is one, and I do all of the work on our cars (at least the work that I'm capable of doing), but I wouldn't be as comfortable when she takes trips by herself if I didn't know that she can change a tire, put on chains, use jumper cables, change a battery, etc.

Also, I didn't mean to be so curt with my first post, and I'm not saying that what I do is right and what you do is wrong, just that it is so foreign to me that it seems obsurd.

Figured once was a typo, but twice makes me wonder. Do you mean "absurd" Art? :-?

If he had Firefox, it would have underlined it :-b

I know, I know Madison, you don't use FF, but not everyone is the spelling champ you are. Except me, I won second place in my 5th grade spelling bee. I lost to an Asian kid, so that's understandable... I am a smart, S-M-R-T :-D B-)

Actually, I gave the newest FF version a shot. Still don't see what the big deal is, and it does seem like more trouble than it's worth. IE 7 works just fine for me. ;-)

Vista on the other hand stinks! :-P

Ok Art, that's cool. Just not used to seeing you spell something wrong. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk