Chili - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Chili

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 am

This is exactly why I would like to see the Cafe adopt some guidelines for locking threads. We have a right to know WHO locked the thread, WHY it was locked, and WHAT we can do in the future to prevent it happening again.

I think some of the Mods think it's obvious why this or that thread was locked, but too often it's not obvious. I've had threads locked right after starting them with no idea who locked it or why. Without an explanation it's pretty difficult to make sure you don't do the same thing again later.

More knowledge! That's what I'm looking for. There's no way more information can hurt anyone.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:09 am

knapplc wrote:This is exactly why I would like to see the Cafe adopt some guidelines for locking threads. We have a right to know WHO locked the thread, WHY it was locked, and WHAT we can do in the future to prevent it happening again.

I think some of the Mods think it's obvious why this or that thread was locked, but too often it's not obvious. I've had threads locked right after starting them with no idea who locked it or why. Without an explanation it's pretty difficult to make sure you don't do the same thing again later.

More knowledge! That's what I'm looking for. There's no way more information can hurt anyone.

I agree completely knapp. There should be some sort of oversight. Should we start an "I Want More Random Knowledge" thread?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:12 am

Coppermine wrote:
knapplc wrote:This is exactly why I would like to see the Cafe adopt some guidelines for locking threads. We have a right to know WHO locked the thread, WHY it was locked, and WHAT we can do in the future to prevent it happening again.

I agree completely knapp. There should be some sort of oversight. Should we start an "I Want More Random Knowledge" thread?

We probably should, since this thread is probably in jeopardy of being locked as well. We sorta went off the topic of chili just a little bit. :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am

Old_Style wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

We probably should, since this thread is probably in jeopardy of being locked as well. We sorta went off the topic of chili just a little bit. :-D

It's GENERAL TALK... I mean, we'd be talking about this in the random thread if it hadn't been locked, hmm? :-D

Also, my chili was awesome. The chipotles and chorizo really made a difference.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 am

my wife made turkey tacos yesterday ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:54 am

If the discussion about the "random, random, random" thread must continue, at least do it in the right forum (Site Questions). There's even a thread started about it:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=253449

To get back on subject, I need to start hunting again. Bambi chili is good. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 pm

Coppermine wrote:Really? It's a fantasy baseball message board, this isn't a job interview. I'm not putting my FBC post count on my resume, the entire General Talk forum is for post-padding.

Well of course you aren't going to put it on a job resume, but it can actually dictate whether or not you are allowed in a league or not here at the cafe. I'm not saying that's right, but it certainly can have a fantasy-related impact.
Coppermine wrote:I don't understand why the FFC can have on of these random threads and we can't. The last thing discussed from what I remember was Fireball Talking about preparing a Mahi Mahi he caught. Didn't really have anything to do with farts.

To be honest, I think it'll distract from the regular threads we have going. Look, I'm not trying to say the thread shouldn't exist, I was just throwing out a guess why a thread like that could be locked.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:36 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Really? It's a fantasy baseball message board, this isn't a job interview. I'm not putting my FBC post count on my resume, the entire General Talk forum is for post-padding.

Well of course you aren't going to put it on a job resume, but it can actually dictate whether or not you are allowed in a league or not here at the cafe. I'm not saying that's right, but it certainly can have a fantasy-related impact.
Coppermine wrote:I don't understand why the FFC can have on of these random threads and we can't. The last thing discussed from what I remember was Fireball Talking about preparing a Mahi Mahi he caught. Didn't really have anything to do with farts.

To be honest, I think it'll distract from the regular threads we have going. Look, I'm not trying to say the thread shouldn't exist, I was just throwing out a guess why a thread like that could be locked.

It's cool, the issue's been resolved. And besides, I'm just here to have fun while at the same time be a competitive fantasy player. If someone doesn't let me into their league because I "post-pad" in GT or because my posts aren't all baseball-related, then I wouldn't want to be in their league anyway.

The best part about the cafe is that I use it to get a leg-up in money leagues with people I hope don't know about it. I may not have a lot of posts outside of GT, but I take in a lot from the other forums and it's helpful.

And I also like to use GT to post a recipe for some awesome chili I made this weekend; thankfully there's the general talk forum, which in my opinion is the best general discussion forum on the Internet, and it's because of the cool people. ;-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 am

I LOVE CHILLI, MORE MEAT!!!!
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk