Chili - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Chili

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:50 am

Coppermine wrote:Why was the random thread locked????

8-o

No kidding. I thought it was pretty innocent. Sure, a bit of a post padding thread, but it's very popular on the other side so why lock it? :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:08 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

8-o

No kidding. I thought it was pretty innocent. Sure, a bit of a post padding thread, but it's very popular on the other side so why lock it? :-?

I think the slurs and racial remarks locked it up.

I enjoyed the thread though..give it a second chance. O:-)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:19 am

Old_Style wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

8-o

The 'wiggers' and whatnot? I guess I can see that..... :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:20 am

Old_Style wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

8-o

What slurs and racial remarks? It was a great thread... random stuff, that's what General Talk is all about, right?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 am

yeah i agree.... i was curious myself...how dare you teddy for thinking negative about our random random random :-b ...i liked it personally...who really cares about post padding...i enjoyed reading alot of stuff in there... if you're thinking about post padding, isnt the entire GT forum post padding in all reality considering its not about fantasy baseball?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:33 am

There's a difference between seeking advice or constructively conversing in GT and telling the world your farts smell in a random talk thread. Granted, I did post in that thread, but still, I understand why that sort of post-padding isn't allowed.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:09 am

davidmarver wrote:There's a difference between seeking advice or constructively conversing in GT and telling the world your farts smell in a random talk thread. Granted, I did post in that thread, but still, I understand why that sort of post-padding isn't allowed.

I would agree with this, if they didn't allow the exact same thing to happen on the light side. As someone said it turns into a chat room at night over there, which is more post padding then what ours was.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:30 am

davidmarver wrote:There's a difference between seeking advice or constructively conversing in GT and telling the world your farts smell in a random talk thread. Granted, I did post in that thread, but still, I understand why that sort of post-padding isn't allowed.

Really? It's a fantasy baseball message board, this isn't a job interview. I'm not putting my FBC post count on my resume, the entire General Talk forum is for post-padding.

I don't understand why the FFC can have on of these random threads and we can't. The last thing discussed from what I remember was Fireball Talking about preparing a Mahi Mahi he caught. Didn't really have anything to do with farts.

I'm sometimes concerned that things here are taken a little too seriously.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:17 am

Coppermine wrote:I'm sometimes concerned that things here are taken a little too seriously.

:-b

8-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:22 am

Coppermine wrote:

Really? It's a fantasy baseball message board, this isn't a job interview. I'm not putting my FBC post count on my resume, the entire General Talk forum is for post-padding.

I don't understand why the FFC can have on of these random threads and we can't. The last thing discussed from what I remember was Fireball Talking about preparing a Mahi Mahi he caught. Didn't really have anything to do with farts.

I'm sometimes concerned that things here are taken a little too seriously.

well that about sums it up. ;-D

locking a thread that has gone to almost 300 pages on the lightside = LAME.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk