Chili - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Chili

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:32 am

davidmarver wrote:I hate chili.


teddy ballgame wrote:I hate chili too. Not a fan of anything in it really.


i nominate these two be banned from General Talk

i like adding a can of V-8 to my chili...it may be time to make some chili soon, although i still have some left that i froze from my last batch
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:58 am

This is a really easy recipie and it doesn't sound like it would be good but it tastes great.

1 pound of ground turkey or beef
1 can of kidney beans
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 small can of chopped green chilies
Chopped green peppers and onions (you choose how much)
1 packet of chili spice mixture

Brown meat, add everything else, mix and cook for a coupe of hours.

;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4425
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Who doesnt like Chili? It's got to be in the top 10 greatest meals of all time!
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4343
(Past Year: 156)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:07 pm

i love chilli but hate ground beef. :,-(

could you explain what alternatives you use instead of ground beef? you said you used "stewed" but i dont know what that means.

oh and 2 thumbs up for kindey beans in chilli. ;-D ;-D
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Madison » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:24 pm

When there's no time to cook, Wolf chili! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:37 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I hate chili.


teddy ballgame wrote:I hate chili too. Not a fan of anything in it really.


i nominate these two be banned from General Talk

i like adding a can of V-8 to my chili...it may be time to make some chili soon, although i still have some left that i froze from my last batch


Ban me too! I hate chili as well. It just doesn't do it for me. There's probably something wrong with me. :-b
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1961
Joined: 2 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The good old Midwest

Postby sox 06 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:28 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i love chilli but hate ground beef. :,-(

could you explain what alternatives you use instead of ground beef? you said you used "stewed" but i dont know what that means.

oh and 2 thumbs up for kindey beans in chilli. ;-D ;-D

I use ground turkey all the time. I actually like it better in chili then ground beef.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4425
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:30 pm

sox 06 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i love chilli but hate ground beef. :,-(

could you explain what alternatives you use instead of ground beef? you said you used "stewed" but i dont know what that means.

oh and 2 thumbs up for kindey beans in chilli. ;-D ;-D

I use ground turkey all the time. I actually like it better in chili then ground beef.


I used to use ground beef but no matter how lean it was, it would always leave a film on the top. I switched over to stewed beef and pork, cubed.

Ground turkey is probably pretty good since it takes on more flavor than ground beef does.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Chili rocks. I'm not too particular about it though. I've had some of the nastiest-looking chili when I walk down to Pink's Hot Dogs and it's just a simple recipe of ground beef simmered in tomatoes and chipotle adobo sauce, I take it. They smother this chili onto their chili cheese fries, so much that you'll barely taste the hint of the cheese. Good stuff, but certainly not pretty.

On the other hand, I've had chili that's fancier and really well-rounded, has hints of brown sugar and cocoa in it. I don't think I've had chili with a dark ale as an ingredient, but that would sound awesome. ;-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21671
(Past Year: 451)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Postby Phatferd » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:48 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Chili rocks. I'm not too particular about it though. I've had some of the nastiest-looking chili when I walk down to Pink's Hot Dogs and it's just a simple recipe of ground beef simmered in tomatoes and chipotle adobo sauce, I take it. They smother this chili onto their chili cheese fries, so much that you'll barely taste the hint of the cheese. Good stuff, but certainly not pretty.

On the other hand, I've had chili that's fancier and really well-rounded, has hints of brown sugar and cocoa in it. I don't think I've had chili with a dark ale as an ingredient, but that would sound awesome. ;-D


I drove down to Pink's a couple weeks ago. I'm in Orange County so it's kind of out of the way, but it's worth it to drive up there once in a blue moon for some good hot dogs.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact