Jose Reyes Vs. Jimmy Rollins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes Vs. Jimmy Rollins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Reyes Vs. Jimmy Rollins

Postby Old_Style » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:52 am

So, I was crunching some numbers and noticed that Reyes and Rollins have similar numbers except for the 25-30 extra SB's Reyes will give you.
Instead of taking Reyes with an early pick, you could go ahead and take someone like Utley/Guerrero/Wright/Beltran/Rodriguez/Soriano/Crawford. By doing that and targeting Rollins later in the draft, you make up for the SB's you lost by not selecting Reyes and add a top notch bat.

Good draft strategy?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:56 am

it's ok...that being said, i think reyes will have better power #'s this year than he did last year

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:59 am

Targeting Rollins doesnt mean you are guaranteed to get him. Ideally I'd love to do something like that, but if Reyes is my BPA then I'm taking him.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:08 am

It makes sense, but it is very unlikely you land a guy like Rollins without reaching for him.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:15 am

Exactly guys. Rollins is even a 2nd rounder in some leagues.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:41 am

Its a huge risk waiting for Rollins. Someone may grab him early. I got him 28th overall (3rd round).
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Jose Reyes Vs. Jimmy Rollins

Postby godallahstar » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:59 am

Old_Style wrote:So, I was crunching some numbers and noticed that Reyes and Rollins have similar numbers except for the 25-30 extra SB's Reyes will give you.
Instead of taking Reyes with an early pick, you could go ahead and take someone like Utley/Guerrero/Wright/Beltran/Rodriguez/Soriano/Crawford. By doing that and targeting Rollins later in the draft, you make up for the SB's you lost by not selecting Reyes and add a top notch bat.

Good draft strategy?

is it still as good of an idea when you compare any of those guys listed + rollins, to a solid bat you could take instead of rollins + reyes?
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:28 am

i hear your argument, and i love jimmy rollins as a player, but i dont buy into him hitting 25 hr again, and his lack of prototypical leadoff skills bother me.

a little trivia tidbit for you guys :
jimmy rollins has the most runs scored for a leadoff man in the last 3 years ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:34 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i hear your argument, and i love jimmy rollins as a player, but i dont buy into him hitting 25 hr again, and his lack of prototypical leadoff skills bother me.

a little trivia tidbit for you guys :
jimmy rollins has the most runs scored for a leadoff man in the last 3 years ;-D

Yup, I agree. Shandler has him down for 19 jacks in 2007. A 20-35 player with 120 runs scored is fine with me. B-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 am

H-Ram will have similar #s as reyes in the end but can be had around when rollins gets drafted. i'd take H-Ram over rollins in 3rd rd.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers