Yahoo Auction style draft! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Auction style draft!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Auction style draft!

Postby bloul11 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Yesterday in Brad Evans article about "Draft Stratgy:Auction" he said "you can import your results into the Yahoo! game with the offline draft tool." does anyone know more about this and could maybe explain?
here is like to the article also
Link
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 pm

Pretty standard I think, the Commish sets the rosters for every team and hits submit.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Re: Yahoo Auction style draft!

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:52 pm

bloul11 wrote:Yesterday in Brad Evans article about "Draft Stratgy:Auction" he said "you can import your results into the Yahoo! game with the offline draft tool." does anyone know more about this and could maybe explain?
here is like to the article also

I could probably take a stab at it ;-)

So when you create a league, you are given 3 draft options: live draft, autodraft, and offline draft. Offline draft is a general way of handling any sort of draft you might want to do that we don't yet accomodate, auctions being one good example. Basically, you then do your draft through whatever means you come up with that doesn't involve us. Perhaps you sit around a table and do an auction, perhaps you do a "slow draft" via a message board, perhaps you use some home brewed draft app, whatever. When the dust clears, your commissioner has a list of what players are on what teams.

That is where the offline draft app comes in. Under "Commissioner Tools", there is a link to "Submit Draft Results". This brings up a (new and improved) tool to let the commissioner tell Yahoo who ended up on each team. When he's entered everything, he tells the tool he's done, the rosters get added to your teams, and off you go.

Hope that was clear...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby bloul11 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:02 pm

but is there going to be an option for putting in dollar values? Thats what i'm wondering. i didn't see that option when i set it up. Or do just have to keep track manually?
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:33 pm

At this point in time, you need to track player values yourself. As for the future, I can't say any more than auction drafts are something we are definitely aware of and it is on the roadmap. If/when it might happen, I can't say.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Return to Baseball Leftovers