ROTO & H2H. QUICK HELP REQUIRED!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROTO & H2H. QUICK HELP REQUIRED!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROTO & H2H. QUICK HELP REQUIRED!!!

Postby Seanyfever » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:00 pm

Do you know of a website that allows roto and head-to-head? We have played on TQ Stats for last three years, but for some reason, this service is no longer available? We would like to maintain our league as closely as possible. If you know of a site, please inform me. If not, what do you suggest as the next best thing?

Greatly appreciated
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 175)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tms298 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:23 am

Check this thread
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

It was also discussed here
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

You might also want to send a PM to commence8 about this matter. He wrote to me about a program he was writing to score it in yahoo.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Seanyfever » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 am

Thanks TMS. That link was exactly what I am looking for. H2H and ROTO at the same time. Prizes for both competitions, but our league recognizes that whiel roto is about being the best team, the hot team wins the overall championship. Much like real baseball when a team is on a roll.

Still, we reward both sides of the game in our 14 team league.

What we really want to a website to take this on... TQ Stats did for three years, and they have suddenly pulled the plug. Go figure. We have a fantastic group of buddies who played ball together as kids and now we are stuck looking for a service.

Any ideas or suggestions from the Cafe would be great. I have spent all night looking for such with a few leads but no definites yet.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 175)

Postby tms298 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:31 am

Seriously, send a PM to commence8. He told me he was a computer programmer and was writing a program to generate the roto scores in yahoo (since they began tracking that a year ago). You would want a yahoo h2h league and then you would have to calculate roto standing manually at the end of each week or you could see what commence8 figured out.

Let me know how it turns out! I wanted to try this idea, but only have time for 2 leagues/year and I'm there already.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:39 pm

If I'm not mistaken you could basically do this through Yahoo now. While it won't give you the actual roto points in a h2h league they will now give you the cumulative totals for each category (ie this team has 820 runs for the year, this team has 816 runs for the year, etc). Just dump that into a spreadsheet, use the rank function and voila, roto scores.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby tms298 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Reposting what I wrote at the end of last year (I think everyone was worried about their fantasy football team at the time):

Now that yahoo keeps track of head to head stats in a roto-style manner, I was wondering if anyone had explored the option of having a league that plays both h2h and roto? I believe that this would increase the amount of strategy involved (you can't afford to punt a category anymore, you wouldn't bench pitchers on sunday because you have a decent lead in saves or wins etc.) and would also hedge against the uncertainties invovled in h2h by rewarding the "best team" (roto) while still having the excitement of h2h.

Our league currently pays 50% for the regular season champ, and 50% for the playoff champ. This would be tweaked to reward the roto champ.

The primary disadvantage of this is that the roto stats would have to be calculated manually and are only updated at the end of each week. Additionally, there is no limit on innings pitched, but that is not as big of a deal because k/9 could be used instead of number of strikeouts.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers