Got allergies? What do you take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Got allergies? What do you take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sox 06 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:19 pm

ThatDude wrote:Allegra-D and Zyrtec both work for me, but there is a price to pay.

About an hour after I take one, I get really tired and my head starts feeling like I'm doing whippets that never stop. I get overcome with drowsiness, yet it's impossible to lay still enough to actually go to sleep.

Claritin does the same thing, but to a MUCH lesser degree. I can actually function with those.

Does that happen with Zyrtec? I take mine right before I go to bed.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 pm

for me non drowsy claritin keeps me wired and makes it hard to go to bed. its like coffee x 10!
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ThatDude » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 pm

sox 06 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:Allegra-D and Zyrtec both work for me, but there is a price to pay.

About an hour after I take one, I get really tired and my head starts feeling like I'm doing whippets that never stop. I get overcome with drowsiness, yet it's impossible to lay still enough to actually go to sleep.

Claritin does the same thing, but to a MUCH lesser degree. I can actually function with those.

Does that happen with Zyrtec? I take mine right before I go to bed.

Yeah. It's a little worse with the Allegra, but the Zyrtec is pretty bad too. I can't sleep for at least 4-5 hours after I take one, and even then I can only get 2-3 hours before I wake up.

It does it's job really well, but the side effects pretty much ruin my day. I save them for when it gets really bad, when I'd be pretty much equally worthless with or without them.

I stick to the Claritin during the week.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:25 pm

I take Claritin, Allavert and Benedryl. Benedryl only when it gets real bad. Not fun taking it at work though as I fall asleep.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:08 pm

I only get hit with allergies once in a while and when it hits I feel really rotten. I have liquid Benadryl. I take a shot of that and it works super fast and I'm uncongested and clear headed in like 15 minutes. The trouble is that an hour later I'm asleep and out until the next day, doesn't matter if I go down at 2 in the afternoon, I'm out til the next day, but feeling better.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Previous

Return to General Talk