Zack Greinke news - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zack Greinke news

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:He's crazy


Fixed ;-D

bigh0rt wrote:This guy is a nut.

As someone who has personally - and naturally - overcome the ravages of depression, I can say without a doubt that you guys have no idea what you're talking about.

I wish I could convey the effects of depression to you, but I don't have the talent. The best description I ever heard of a truly gripping depression is in the Dave Matthews' song:

She feels like kicking out all the windows
And setting fire to this life,
She could change everything about her
using colors bold and bright
But all the colors mixed together to grey


I almost cry every time I hear that part of the song. He's dead-on there. You could take the most drastic steps, and in the end, life would still seem utterly meaningless, empty, and void. Looking back, I feel like I was dead for 10 years.


I agree and very nicely put.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 pm

DevilDriver wrote:SO was he bad because he was suffering from clinical depression? :-?


He was bad because he was too young, not ready and Royals sucked.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Yoda wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:SO was he bad because he was suffering from clinical depression? :-?


He was bad because he was too young, not ready and Royals sucked.


No, he was pretty good in 2004. He was bad in 05 due to a combination of his mental state, the continuous suckiness of the team and stupid Guy Hansen messing with his mechanic and approach.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:He's crazy


Fixed ;-D

bigh0rt wrote:This guy is a nut.


Let's commend him for fighting through his demons, not condemn him for being sick.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:01 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:SO was he bad because he was suffering from clinical depression? :-?


He was bad because he was too young, not ready and Royals sucked.


No, he was pretty good in 2004. He was bad in 05 due to a combination of his mental state, the continuous suckiness of the team and stupid Guy Hansen messing with his mechanic and approach.


So you are saying he wasn't rushed to the majors when he was 21 yo getting his ass kicked every day? :-?

Looking at his history, getting rushed to MLB in 05 culminated into his breakdown.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CheeseBeger » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:02 pm

I have snagged him in my Dynasty League, here's hoping he does well!
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:12 pm

Anyone got a good nickname for him yet? I'm thinking- Xanax Greinke :-B

Sorry, not funny, I know. !+)
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby King Of Kings » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Yes. absolutely not funny at all :-t Depression is a serious problem and only persons who have been into it can understand how bad it is.

Let's not talk about the past, let's talk the future...will Zack Greinke grab a spot in the royals' rotation? Will he come back to the level he was in 2004?
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 35
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:02 pm

Yoda wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:SO was he bad because he was suffering from clinical depression? :-?


He was bad because he was too young, not ready and Royals sucked.


No, he was pretty good in 2004. He was bad in 05 due to a combination of his mental state, the continuous suckiness of the team and stupid Guy Hansen messing with his mechanic and approach.


So you are saying he wasn't rushed to the majors when he was 21 yo getting his ass kicked every day? :-?

Looking at his history, getting rushed to MLB in 05 culminated into his breakdown.


He did fine his first season? no?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:03 pm

King Of Kings wrote:Yes. absolutely not funny at all :-t Depression is a serious problem and only persons who have been into it can understand how bad it is.

Let's not talk about the past, let's talk the future...will Zack Greinke grab a spot in the royals' rotation? Will he come back to the level he was in 2004?


There's no reason to believe he cannot go back to his 2004 form. Sure, he basically took a year off. But a 23 years old pitcher with good stuff, good poise and a good idea how to pitch doesn't grow on trees
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, skjelstrom and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact