Rotoworld's Season Pass and All-Star Stats content? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld's Season Pass and All-Star Stats content?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotoworld's Season Pass and All-Star Stats content?

Postby coolarmadillo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Can anyone tell me if being in an All-Star Stats pay league gets you any of the premium Rotoworld Season Pass content or is it just the standard Rotoworld content? I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy the Season Pass when I buy the Draft Guide, but I'll be in an All-Star Stats pay league and don't want to pay for the Season Pass content twice...Thanks.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Wow, not sure. I do know that my leaguemates and I saw the $540 league charge and said no way to the A$$ service...that is just too much money for a website hoist for rotisserie. We pay $60 to rotowire and I get all my content here for free!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby coolarmadillo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:37 pm

yeah, i'm not a big fan of shelling out money for the site, but i'm the new guy in the league and it's just a portion of a pretty large entry fee that goes to All-Star. i would personally prefer a bigger pot and play through yahoo or something.

anyone else know anything about what rotoworld content you get if you're in an All-Star Stats league? thanks.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:43 pm

One of the Rotoworld guys frequents the boards here, so hopefully he will notice this thread and be able to answer the question for you. ;-D

Or if you were to email them, that would probably get your answer as well. ;-D

If you find out via email, please let us know what they say. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby coolarmadillo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:43 pm

yeah, i posted a similar question in their forum, but haven't heard anything yet. maybe i should just email them directly. i was just hoping for a quick easy answer this morning so i could go ahead and buy their online draft guide to read at work. if anyone else has any insight, let me know. until then, i'll see if they respond to my email any faster than my post.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:54 pm

coolarmadillo wrote:yeah, i'm not a big fan of shelling out money for the site, but i'm the new guy in the league and it's just a portion of a pretty large entry fee that goes to All-Star. i would personally prefer a bigger pot and play through yahoo or something.

USA Stats sold out before last season, possibly due to worries about the stat ownership lawsuit. It was a sad day for our league. They were expensive ($39 per team) but they were worth every penny. Their site design was uncluttered, NO ADS, and visually pleasing and unbusy. Their stat reports were fantastic and I loved to print them out for study material.

When they sold out (I think it was to All-Star) we checked them out. Totally not the same. One thing that turned me off was that the very first thing listed on the menu was how they could receive payment.

We suffered through a cluttered clumsy season with TQ and will again this season. There's just nothing good out there that we've been able to find.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Rotoworld » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi guys - to answer your question.

As part of Allstar Stats - the rotoworld content is fed through to your team. So you bascially can read all the rotoworld news on your specific team. Also you can slice and dice the news how it applies to your league.

So you can see news on free agents, or news on players of team A.

The draft guide is something completely different and the season pass(besides having the news on just your players in one area) is different as well. They aren't included with any allstar stats leagues.

AllStar Stats was the largest roto league management site prior to the internet. We've been around since 1988.

While it is expensive, like someone said it's worth it. It was really built for the hard-core players that want everything to work perfect. No ads, live customer service etc.

Any questions feel free to ask me...
Rotoworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby coolarmadillo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks, Rotoworld. Like I said, I'm joining an AllStar Stats league (one that's been around forever, so it makes sense that they have some loyalty to AllStar), so there's no need to sell me there. I'm sure there's some reason these very experienced guys have stuck with AllStar all these years when I know some of them have played in some free Yahoo leagues on the side as well. I just haven't played in an AllStar league yet to see what the difference is. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the service as the year progresses.

As for the Rotoworld content, thanks for the clear answer (particularly regarding the Season Pass). I'm buying the Draft Guide anyway and am considering the Season Pass too. What can you tell me to sell me on the Season Pass that I can't already read on the Rotoworld website? The basic description there (Player Tracker, RotoDirect, Stats Explorer, Premium Closer Report, Dynasty/Keeper Rankings, and Lineup Breakdown) doesn't sound a lot different than what I'll get through Yahoo.

Obviously, having the news for my team in one customizable place through Player Tracker is convenient, but it sounds like I'll get that through AllStar anyway.

RotoDirect sounds interesting, but I'm not clear on exactly what will be emailed to me; news on just my players or up-to-the-minute waiver wire suggestions that I might otherwise not see until a weekly feature article is posted on the regular Rotoworld page? If it's the latter, I'm far more interested.

I'd like to know more about Stats Explorer; what can it do that looking at a player's profile or splits or even sorting all the free agents by a specific category on Yahoo or AllStar doesn't do? If projections and/or rankings were being adjusted and sortable throughout the season, this might be cool.

I'd be interested in knowing what makes this Closer Report "Premium" compared to Rotoworld's regular content.

The Dynasty/Keeper Rankings don't do me any good because I'm not in a keeper league.

I'd want to know more about the Lineup Breakdown. Again, if it's just split stats, I can get those anywhere. If there's an innovative tool or special content, I could see this being valuable.

The description also says there's "much more." Any idea what that would be? Not that all the above features aren't useful, but I'm unclear as to what is new or exclusive that regular Rotoworld readers can't track down on their own fairly easily. Don't get me wrong, I want to buy it, but I need to know I'm getting something extra that I won't get anywhere else. Am I missing something that really makes this thing special?

Sorry to be such a pain. Thanks for the help.
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rotoworld » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:51 pm

I'll do my best to answer this...

1) The rotodirect product is the email alert service.

Basically you can set your alerts to get it at certain hours, intervals and for certain types of news(Top Rotoworld News, Your Players, Favorite team).

Maybe you want your team news delivered every 3 hours, your favorite MLB team news once a day, and the top rotoworld news instantly as it posts - you can do this. You can even have it sent to different email addresses at different times.

Here's an example..

Rotoworld.com Direct Baseball Update for April 15th 2007 1:49PM est

Jonathan Papelbon- P- Boston Red Sox - Apr 15 2006 1:49PM est - Top Rotoworld.com News
News: Manager Terry Francona annouced today that Jonathan Papelbon will move back into the closer role and be replaced in the rotation by Jon Lester.
Impact: That didn't last long. Papelbon, who struggled in his first two outings of the seasob moves back to where he had success last year. If he was dropped in your mixed league, run, don't walk to pick him up.

To modify or change your Rotoworld.com RotoDirect settings, click here.
To go to Rotoworld.com, click here.

2) Closer report is similiar to what you see in the draft guide, however it is updated each morning.

3) Where gonna add some rankings prospect report, keeper rankings, trying to decide if it is feasable to have weekly rankings. Also want to try to have a player rater like ESPN but add some positional scarcity elements and take it to the next step.

4) Stats explorer also you to take your team and see splits for specific days. You can also look at one player and see how he has done since he tweaked his hamstring on a certain date. It's also setup so you can see just your team. This also has live scoring.

5) Lineup analyzer - look at where your player has been batting. Maybe Duston Pedroia has been moved up to second in the order against lefities. It's a bird's eye view on where your guys are going against lefties/righties.

6) Other stuff - I would like to do premium chats with our writers on Sunday nights. Though I need to acquire the software and get it setup.

We really believe that we are giving a great deal of value with what we already listed. The hope is to continually add to the product as the season progresses. I would hate to promise something and not deliver, so I prefer to just list the things I definitely will have.

It's only 10 bucks when you buy the draft guide.

http://www.rotoworld.com/premium/draftg ... ?sport=MLB

I hope this helps...
Rotoworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby coolarmadillo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am

Thanks a lot. That was very insightful and you definitely sold me. Just understanding all the different options for the email updates was enough for me. Everything else is gravy. Sorry to pester you guys in several different forums. I'm just anxious to get to work with your resources. Keep up the good work!
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers