Good news for Furcal! Bad for Pierre? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Good news for Furcal! Bad for Pierre?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm bumping Pierre down quite a bit on this news. He's just not going to get as many opportunities to run hitting second.

Furthermore Pierre is a very good old-school fundamental baseball guy. That means he's going to be losing some value in very hidden ways - he'll be grounding out quite a bit to the second baseman if Furcal's on second base to move him up to third. He'll be giving up plate appearances to bunt Furcal over. Whatever he gains in rbi's he'll more than lose in runs, stolen bases and batting average.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:51 pm

That's fine. Fucal/Pierre is going to be an amazing 1-2 combo. Like Luis Castillo/Pierre when they won the WS.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby buckwild13 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:44 pm

chadlincoln wrote:That's fine. Fucal/Pierre is going to be an amazing 1-2 combo. Like Luis Castillo/Pierre when they won the WS.

yea i think its a good 1-2 combo, but the Fish won with Pierre/ Castillo, not Castillo leading off. i find this odd, that a guy with no power at all is going to be batting 2nd. i just dont see how this will bring in as much runs. Furcal is fast, but pierre will surely draw the OF in closer IMO
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers