Let's talk Jeff Francoeur. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Let's talk Jeff Francoeur.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Let's talk Jeff Francoeur.

Postby Doughhead » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:28 am

Jeff Francoeur. He's an unusual talent--lots of raw ability, but also some obvious and serious flaws. He's young and I've heard it suggested that he could be one of the great stars of the up-and-coming generation. But he also seems like the kind of guy who could be a fantasy disappointment. Is he a case of being better in real life than in fantasy? Should he be counted on as a legitimate starter in a regular-sized league? How high is this guy's statistical ceiling?
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:36 am

I think he's actually better in fantasy than real life. His defense is above average, but he is an outs machine! I think/hope he will get better, and i think he is a good target in a keeper. He will hit homers and RBIS, and hopefully improve his avg. That's good for a 3rd OF or so.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby decoy562 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:44 am

I wish he would take more pitches and walk more, but I think he's a decent option. I'd say a 3rd or 4th OF. I'm not expecting him to do much better (if at all) over last year. I disagree with him being an "outs machine" like the previous poster said...Jeff batted .320 with 72 RBI's in 172 AB with runners in scoring position last year. He seems to concentrate more with people on base...I wish he'd pretend people were on base all the time :-D
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:56 am

decoy562 wrote:I wish he would take more pitches and walk more, but I think he's a decent option. I'd say a 3rd or 4th OF. I'm not expecting him to do much better (if at all) over last year. I disagree with him being an "outs machine" like the previous poster said...Jeff batted .320 with 72 RBI's in 172 AB with runners in scoring position last year. He seems to concentrate more with people on base...I wish he'd pretend people were on base all the time :-D
I didn't say he wasn't 'clutch' I just said that he made a lot of outs... which he did (I believe he was top 5 in making outs last year). This just means that he didn't get on base much (which I think we both know is true). He struck out a lot, and didn't walk much (or have a high BA). This led to an OBP of .293 (which is putrid).
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby casem2k2 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:55 am

I think this season he will take more pitches and actually get a fair amount of walks and his AVG will benefit from it. I think he will hit between .280 and .290 for the season. And i do believe he will hit 30-35 HR and have over 100 RBI. I think he is a great player and hes just going to get better.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby decoy562 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:41 pm

casem2k2 wrote:I think this season he will take more pitches and actually get a fair amount of walks and his AVG will benefit from it. I think he will hit between .280 and .290 for the season. And i do believe he will hit 30-35 HR and have over 100 RBI. I think he is a great player and hes just going to get better.

As a Braves fan, I hope you are right but I don't see much change from last year happening.
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:48 pm

He's a flip of the coin guy to me. He could do the same or even a touch worse than last year or he could go 290 32HR and 100RBI and he'll be one of the reasons why you win your title because you get him as your 3rd outfielder. Logic would say he'll keep getting better as he gets looks, but everytime I think that a player gets worse.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby upyourstats » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:14 pm

He's a nice 3rd OF option especially if he can get the avg up to .280+

95 35 100 .280 is certainly within reach for this season.
upyourstats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Big Stick » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:17 pm

I am not sure how much he will improve. He still lacks discipline at the plate granted his a young player but, I can't possibly consider him as a third option on my team with his high K ratio.

This maybe interest you.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... +francoeur
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yanks Fan 07 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Im thinking about keeping Francoeur in the 13th. I would like to see him keep strong numbers to help build my team.
Yanks Fan 07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers