Random, Random, Random - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Random, Random, Random

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:12 am

Coppermine wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:rain wilson on snl right now. it's actually been really funny so far.

Yeah, the Digital Short was great; I know it's going to be all over YouTube... not quite "A Special Box" or "Lazy Sunday" funny, but good.

yea, that was pretty good. did you ever see the laser cats one? awsome.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:33 am

boy, i havent watched SNL in years... although i am currently watching some white guy in a suit dancing around on showtime at the apollo.... poker after dark cant come soon enough.

ive got 3 DVD's i borrowed from some roommates of mine, knowing it was going to be a boring weekend back at home.... any suggestions on which one i should watch??? (havent seen any of the 3, yes i know i should have)

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:38 am

Snakes Gould wrote:boy, i havent watched SNL in years... although i am currently watching some white guy in a suit dancing around on showtime at the apollo.... poker after dark cant come soon enough.

ive got 3 DVD's i borrowed from some roommates of mine, knowing it was going to be a boring weekend back at home.... any suggestions on which one i should watch??? (havent seen any of the 3, yes i know i should have)

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

In order of awesomeness:
1. Fight Club
2. Syriana
3. Minority Report
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:41 am

Coppermine wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:boy, i havent watched SNL in years... although i am currently watching some white guy in a suit dancing around on showtime at the apollo.... poker after dark cant come soon enough.

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

In order of awesomeness:
1. Fight Club
2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

but all 3 were awesome? lemme hear your "famous" ranking scale 1-10

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:46 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

In order of awesomeness:
1. Fight Club
2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

but all 3 were awesome? lemme hear your "famous" ranking scale 1-10

All three weren't awesome, but you have to put things in perspective:

0/10 : Worst movie of all time
1/10 : Excrement on celluloid
2/10 : I'd rather vomit than watch this
3/10 : Waste of life
4/10 : Waste of money
5/10 : The epitome of mediocrity
6/10 : Entertaining and nothing more
7/10 : Worth a Rental
8/10 : Worth seeing in the theater
9/10 : Oscar Worthy
10/10 : One of the greatest films of all time

Fight Club : 8/10
Syriana : 7/10
Minority Report : 5/10

Minority Report was an overhyped orgy. IMO, Kubrick would have been disappointed with the outcome of that film. It's certainly worth seeing for what it is, and what it's advertised as... and that is "Kubrick's last film" or, more appropriately, Kubrick's "post-mortem" film. In any case, Spielberg or not, the film was overhyped and overrated.

In the meantime, I thought Fight Club was a fantastic social commentary and Syriana, while extremely difficult to follow and comprehend is worth its 7/10, or "Worth a rental"
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:50 am

well im going to a theater or renting either so sounds good to me ;-D

i usually love films that people classify as "hard to follow" or too "long". nothing like watching a movie thats 75 mins long and tells you everything about the plot...i think ill put in fight club just because i feel like thats the one im missing out on the most... ;-D thanks for the help cu

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:52 am

Coppermine wrote:

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

In order of awesomeness:
1. Fight Club
2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

I think you mean:

2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

unless you want Meat Loaf kicking your ass !+)
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Postby Phatferd » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:53 am

Fight Club was definitely the best of that group. Syriana was a disappointment IMO.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:well im going to a theater or renting either so sounds good to me ;-D

i usually love films that people classify as "hard to follow" or too "long". nothing like watching a movie thats 75 mins long and tells you everything about the plot...i think ill put in fight club just because i feel like thats the one im missing out on the most... ;-D thanks for the help cu

I've known lots of people that hated Fight Club, but they were mostly dumb... so, I'd go with that one. I think it marked a turning point in Brad Pitt's career, that he could act rather than just portray on-screen sex... although I'd argue that Pitt is still more of a novelty than an actual contributor to culture, Babel included. As for the story, well it's Chuck Pahlaniuk, perhaps one of the most deranged writers of his time. You can't beat that.

I hope they make a film out of "Choke" and "Survivor" personally.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:02 am

Sticky Spice wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Minority Report
Fight Club
Syriana

In order of awesomeness:
1. Fight Club
2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

I think you mean:

2. Syriana
3. Minority Report

unless you want Meat Loaf kicking your ass !+)

Man, Meat Loaf was awesome in Fight Club... just another reason to watch it.

OK, so here's a fun story... I first saw Fight Club when I was in college. Someone told me it was "weird" and "crazy..." so, when I was a freshman in college, there was these guys upstairs in my dorm who were huge pot-heads. So, I'm this middle-of-the-road suburban guy, and they invite me up to try some of the "stickiest of the icky" if you will and, well, how could I turn them down... there's a time and place for EVERYTHING and it's called college. So, I went up and smoke some of the ganga and this dude played "White Rabbit" on a guitar for who knows how long because you can't tell time. But then I knocked over a shotglass under this guy's bed... I didn't even know it was under there but it was filled with this gross-looking liquid. So my high, Jefferson Airplane friend starts freaking out and he's like "YOU KNOCKED OVER THE NASTINESS!!!" and I was like "OK." Well, I don't know what was in there, and I didn't care, so I booked it out of there back down to my room.

Well, I decided I was high and wanted to take in some sort of media that would help me appreciate a condition I wasn't used to, nor would participate in much in the future (I figured knocking over the "nastiness" would be grounds for my banishment from the upstairs pot-smokers club) so I popped in a movie a friend had let me borrow called Fight Club.

Well, I thought it was awesome... but at one point, a phone rang and I vaguely remember literally jumping out of my bed. And the scene with the lye (I won't ruin anything) made me almost turn it off. But, in any case, that's my experience with Fight Club. I saw it again level-headed. Still a cool flick.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk