Cafe Mock Draft 1 on Yahoo! Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Mock Draft 1 on Yahoo! Results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Malcom Reynolds » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks guys. I though for the most part everyone had pretty good drafts. We'll just have to see how the season plays out.
Malcom Reynolds
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:30 pm

Well BGbootha, your pitching is pretty anemic so thats probably why it didn't like it that much. Your hitting is going to have to carry the season for you.

Lackey
Lowe
Gonzalez
Soriano
Wood
Robertson
Bonser
Washburn
Linebrink
Rincon

Thats a staff that should put you in the bottom half in the W's, K's and SV columns most likely. Its plausible that you have no closers at all and only one above average starter in Lackey.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BGbootha » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Ender wrote:Well BGbootha, your pitching is pretty anemic so thats probably why it didn't like it that much. Your hitting is going to have to carry the season for you.

Lackey
Lowe
Gonzalez
Soriano
Wood
Robertson
Bonser
Washburn
Linebrink
Rincon

Thats a staff that should put you in the bottom half in the W's, K's and SV columns most likely. Its plausible that you have no closers at all and only one above average starter in Lackey.

yeah yeah, minor details.... :-o
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:48 pm

mbuser wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
The Big Stick wrote:Not that it's a bad pick Santana #2? I have been around the cafe for about 2 years now and everyone makes it clear that a pitcher regardless on who it is should never be in the top ten picks. Having said that, I love Rich Harden 9th round? His a stud when healthy!!!

i think santana is the only exception to the rule. he's been a 5X5 roto god when it comes to starting pitching. in a h2h league it might be a different story, but in a roto league i'd put him in the top 5 overall.

agreed

Same here. Santana has had 3 Cy Young caliber season in a row. Once upon a time Pedro and RJ were the consensus #1 and #2 picks with good reason.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:50 pm

BGbootha wrote:
Ender wrote:Well BGbootha, your pitching is pretty anemic so thats probably why it didn't like it that much. Your hitting is going to have to carry the season for you.

Lackey
Lowe
Gonzalez
Soriano
Wood
Robertson
Bonser
Washburn
Linebrink
Rincon

I like your team a lot in H2H though! Just think you held off on pitching a little bit too much for Roto.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BGbootha » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Ender wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

Lackey
Lowe
Gonzalez
Soriano
Wood
Robertson
Bonser
Washburn
Linebrink
Rincon

I like your team a lot in H2H though! Just think you held off on pitching a little bit too much for Roto.

yeah the problem I ran into was the 14 team league, and being on the end. everytime I would target a pitcher or closer they seemed way to early and then never made it back to me.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby decoy562 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:31 pm

AuburnTigers wrote:I entered the rosters into Fantistics projector and here are the projected results for the season

LukeW9027 - 112
White Oaks Boys - 104
AuburnTigers - 103
sorgi2evans - 87
Foamer - 81
Peter Zezel - 72
mission27 - 67
BGBootha - 64
Malcolm Reynolds - 64
jfg - 63
Team Mock - 63
edee - 63
Super Manny - 60
HowWeDo - 47

What is this "fantistics projector?"
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:44 pm

WOW Reyes at 7? Great pick, no way he should escape the top 5

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)

Postby AuburnTigers » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

decoy562:

The "Fantistics Projector" is a feature offered by Fantistics where you can enter everyone's roster into a program. It calculates their projected stat totals for all of the teams. It will give you the exact # totals of HRs, RBI, and so on for your team. The program then calculates the amount of roto points your team would score.

The program is totally based off of their projections, so its just an educated guess on their part. In the past it has been a good indicator of quality teams from my experiences.

All we can do at this point is speculate, lots of things change during the season!
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:45 pm

AuburnTigers wrote:decoy562:

The "Fantistics Projector" is a feature offered by Fantistics where you can enter everyone's roster into a program. It calculates their projected stat totals for all of the teams. It will give you the exact # totals of HRs, RBI, and so on for your team. The program then calculates the amount of roto points your team would score.

The program is totally based off of their projections, so its just an educated guess on their part. In the past it has been a good indicator of quality teams from my experiences.

All we can do at this point is speculate, lots of things change during the season!

I can't stand fantasy projectors like this......how often does everyone here rip "expert" rankings/projections (all the time) and now you use an "expert" projector to tell you how good your team will be??? If it was me and a projector like this put me in the middle to bottom of the projections I would be happy!! }:-) B-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers