The Glenn Beck Show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Glenn Beck Show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Glenn Beck Show

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:31 pm

As most of you guys know, I'm left leaning when it comes to politic. But I just recently starting to catch this Glenn Beck show on CNN. And though he's way to the right compare to me. I find that news show to be refreshing as it talks about issues that actually matters(though I don't necessarily agree with his stance) rather than the news story the likes of the recent Anna Nicole Smith debacle. He's got a decent sense of humor to go with it. Again, I don't agree with a lot of things he said, but I generally looks forward to the points he raises during the show. More guys like Glenn rather than Paula Zaun would definitely be a good thing.

Who else watch his show and enjoy it? And what are some criticism towards him?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Glenn Beck Show

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:As most of you guys know, I'm left leaning when it comes to politic. But I just recently starting to catch this Glenn Beck show on CNN. And though he's way to the right compare to me. I find that news show to be refreshing as it talks about issues that actually matters(though I don't necessarily agree with his stance) rather than the news story the likes of the recent Anna Nicole Smith debacle. He's got a decent sense of humor to go with it. Again, I don't agree with a lot of things he said, but I generally looks forward to the points he raises during the show. More guys like Glenn rather than Paula Zaun would definitely be a good thing.

Who else watch his show and enjoy it? And what are some criticism towards him?

I don't watch his show much but I catch it from time to time because I basically agree with your sentiment. Although I am left-leaning myself politically, I don't see Beck as being a "divide and conquer" type of radio host or pundit... the "us against them" is starting to sicken me. Hearing nothing other than things like "the war on Christmas," "the liberal media," gay bashing and the sanctity of marriage. Let's talk about something thoughtful people like healthcare, education and, oh yeah, there's a war going on.

I genuinely think that Beck, as a conservative, sees no use in dividing America against itself which guys like O'Reilly and Limbaugh get such a kick out of. Both sides are guilty of it to a degree but it seems like it's cool to despise fellow Americans for their ideologies now more than ever. I hate it; and I hate cable news which is why I rarely catch Beck. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I appreciate what he's doing at least... or what he's not doing; destroying America.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 pm

he is way too annoying to look at for me. i turned the channel after 5 minutes and never turned back. his face isn't as punchworthy as Olberman though.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:40 pm

[quote"Glenn Beck on Katrina victims"]I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims.[/quote]

Glenn Beck claims he is wrote:surprised that former President Jimmy Carter did not attend Iran's December conference on Holocaust denial

Would you kill someone for that?...I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore...I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it,...No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?

Eh, call me nuts, but he seems like just another jerk who has a show used to divide the American people.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:49 am

He's so funny. I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. I listen to him on the radio and see his show sometimes at night.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 am

He's a moron. The whole "prove to us that you're not a terrorist" interview with Ellison was beyond ridiculous.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:09 am

Art Vandelay wrote:He's a moron. The whole "prove to us that you're not a terrorist" interview with Ellison was beyond ridiculous.

aren't all conservatives morons to some degree? :-D

I do agree he says a lot of stupid things. What I like is the topic he choose to cover.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk