Matt Murton vs Adam Lind - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Murton vs Adam Lind

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:57 am

I wouldn't be comfy with either as a starting OF this season. For that reason, and because I don't find Murton's 2007 upside as being much higher than fantasy replacement, I'd much rather stash Lind on the bench.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:37 am

ironman wrote:I'm not too familiar with Lind but looking at this stats it appears that if given a good number of at bats could put up comparable stats to Murton.

Building off his solid second half of '06 I think Murton is very capable of hitting .300 with 25 homers.

I guess in terms of a redraft league I'd go with Murton simply because he looks to probably get more AB's at this point.

No wonder you have Murton on your sig. :-b

If given the same number of ABs this year, Lind will outproduce Murton pretty easily IMO.

I don't doubt Murton will be able to hit around .300, but 25 homers seems really optimistic.

I'd take Lind in the long run. Now who's the bigger homer? ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:18 am

Lind does seem to be quite talent laden. After Mike Jacobs fizzled last year, I am leery of guys hitting near 10 HR in double digit AB. I agree Lind's value is down the road quite a bit.

The thing that concerns me the most about Murton, of whom I am a HUGE fan, is that he could end up like Corey Patterson, struggling for PT leading a symbiotic relationship with struggles at the plate leading to another wasted talent. Why the Cubs felt obligated to add ANOTHER old, lefty OF when they've already given Jacques Jones a suitcase full of cash is beyond me. Take Floyd's 6 mill/ year, give it to CZam and *bam* the team would be SET for some time. Instead, we get...???? :-? :*)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:22 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
ironman wrote:I'm not too familiar with Lind but looking at this stats it appears that if given a good number of at bats could put up comparable stats to Murton.

Building off his solid second half of '06 I think Murton is very capable of hitting .300 with 25 homers.

I guess in terms of a redraft league I'd go with Murton simply because he looks to probably get more AB's at this point.

No wonder you have Murton on your sig. :-b ...

...I'd take Lind in the long run. Now who's the bigger homer? ;-)

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Thunder Matt Murton. Note that I said "redraft league" as in at least for this year I'd take him over Lind. But as Marver said, I don't think you can look at Murton for your starting OF unless you're in a NL-only or incredibly deep mixed league.

AcidRock23 wrote:The thing that concerns me the most about Murton, of whom I am a HUGE fan, is that he could end up like Corey Patterson, struggling for PT leading a symbiotic relationship with struggles at the plate leading to another wasted talent.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Murton has much, much better plate discipline than Corey ever did.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Lind might start in the minors, but if/when Frank Thomas gets hurt he'll get a chance.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers