Best Baseball Game for PS2? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Best Baseball Game for PS2?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:22 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I really liked MVP except for the fact that the graphics were cartoonish, I have no clue why they went in that direction, you can just look at 2k7's graphics this year and understand how great it can feel to play a game simply on how emersive the graphics can be. Also the player rankings were kind of odd, just bars filled up to a certain point, made it hard to get an idea of what a player was rated, who was rated more highly than another guy, and if the players rating made any improvement over the season. Then of course the no personality of bad commentary and very lacking in the presentation deparment.

Other than that, the trading was more realistic, the gameplay was less buggy and smoother, as well as minor leagues and better CPU Franchise AI.

I wish they could slap some 2k prenstation and graphics on an MVP game, and start rating players from 1-100, and I'd have my dream game.

Yea I hate the cartoon graphics of 2005
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:13 pm

they are kinda cartoony but mvp 05 has my vote. you can get the rosters off of people online/buy a memory card with the rosters already loaded, but it can be a big deal.
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm

BooksRnot4U wrote:I really liked the show

some random glitches that you will see in any other game but the gameplay is pretty smooth and the graphics are one of a kind

get MLB 07 The Show I guarantee it will be worth the price
;-D My favorite game on PS2.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bucsfan04 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:09 pm

I haven't played this year's version of the Show, but I have last year's and I still play that. I'd get the new version of the Show.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby dooz » Thu May 10, 2007 6:08 pm

mvp 05 hands down. Slightly worse graphics aside, it is the most fun/best franchise mode that I've played. Haven't played much of the show but if the AI for franchise/dynasty is as good as the game play, I'd go with that one. 2k7 on playstation2 is TERRIBLE.

[quote="Snakes Gould]you can get the rosters off of people online/buy a memory card with the rosters already loaded, but it can be a big deal.[/quote]

How would I go about doing this myself? I have mvp 05 on computer as well and have updated the rosters (as of 06) there but I have no idea how I would do that for ps2. I guess I could just spend the $25 on eday but I'd rather do it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-07-ROSTERS-FOR ... dZViewItem
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 15, 2007 3:37 am

on the computer its definitely easy. mvpmods.com im pretty sure has everything you'd want....as for updating you ps2 rosters yourself...its very difficult...and it will definitely take a lot of time. you just have to do it all manually. i found the easiest way to do this is to go through every team and cut everyone who isnt currently on that team...then you've have a huge list of free agents and you just put them all on their appropriate teams. as for the young guys who arent in the game, again, manually. i think buying the rosters off ebay is the best way to go. you get a memory card with the rosters loaded on there for $25. you can use the memory card for anything else to, because the rosters dont take up alot of space.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Video Games