Better Cat, K's or K/9 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Better Cat, K's or K/9

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 pm

We moved to weekly lineups and it mostly got rid of pitcher churning and actually removed most of the negatives involved with H2H. It has added a lot more strategy as well, I'd suggest you give that a try if your league is open to it. (just don't blame me if you hate it!)

On the other hand mid week injuries hurt a LOT more with weekly lineups so thats certainly a negative. Though deciding on whether to start someone who is day to day for the week or pick up a scrub to fill in leads to some fun and interesting decision making.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm

I think K is a better category than K/9 if you're using other standard cats such as ERA and WHIP. I think there's more strategy allowed if you use K because a bigger pool of pitchers are useful, whereas if you use K/9 then it will really hurt to use a low K pitcher, so a bunch of the pitching pool will be rendered useless unless someone wants to punt, but that forces them to punt whereas if you had the K category instead it would still be competitive across the board.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers