Cabrera/Utley for Barfield/Hawpe VETO?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Cabrera/Utley for Barfield/Hawpe VETO??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: A joke

Postby duckbillgates » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:12 am

tluchak wrote:Both guys should be kicked out of your league. I dont care how skewed the keeper values are either.

Seems a little harsh, but if you can find replacement managers, I agree.

You either have some collusion or you have one guy who is too dumb to be a fantasy baseball manager and one who is a slimeball bottom feeder.

Just my opinion.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:26 am

I guess the two managers are brothers and one of them loves Barfield and isn't too educated on fantasy baseball. So the more educated manager thought he could get 2 great players in exchanged for the other guys "favorite" player.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ABA316 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Dude, Cabrera OR Utley for those 2 might be fair..key word might, still a dumb trade but not worth a veto.

This one, forget it unless the guy losing Miggy and Chase is getting beaucoup draft picks as well.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sox 06 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:09 pm

ABA316 wrote:Dude, Cabrera OR Utley for those 2 might be fair..key word might, still a dumb trade but not worth a veto.

This one, forget it unless the guy losing Miggy and Chase is getting beaucoup draft picks as well.

My league vetoed it already and the manager realized it wasn't a good trade.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Re: A joke

Postby cococrisp » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:00 am

tluchak wrote:Both guys should be kicked out of your league. I dont care how skewed the keeper values are either.

Don't even need to see the other comments. Agreed totally. And outraged at that.
Help me....
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=389393

It is as it was meant to be - the University of the people.
cococrisp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby This is the year » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm all for laissez-faire fantasy economics, but that's an unqualified veto right there. Good move.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deadfish65 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:03 pm

when you vetoed this trade, did you sit down with both sides and explain how fantasy baseball works....that a trade between two teams actually effects every team in the league....and that some people spend time and care about the results.

And that if either and I mean either of the teams thought this was a reasonable trade, that you would have to ask for their resignation because clearly they know so little about baseball that it does effect the entire league.

Also I would ask the team getting cabrera if he would have minded if you traded your mark eaton for Johann Santana. If he says no...then he doesnt really care about league balance and then either you have to get rid of him or quit yourself.
deadfish65
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sox 06 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:54 am

deadfish65 wrote:when you vetoed this trade, did you sit down with both sides and explain how fantasy baseball works....that a trade between two teams actually effects every team in the league....and that some people spend time and care about the results.

And that if either and I mean either of the teams thought this was a reasonable trade, that you would have to ask for their resignation because clearly they know so little about baseball that it does effect the entire league.

Also I would ask the team getting cabrera if he would have minded if you traded your mark eaton for Johann Santana. If he says no...then he doesnt really care about league balance and then either you have to get rid of him or quit yourself.

The story in a nut shell was an older brother trying to take advantage of a younger brother. The older brother admitted that it was an unfair trade and apoligized.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:34 pm

If you have a guy who's that uneducated and is willing to do something like that just to get a guy he likes, I hate to say it but he needs to be gone. He obviously doesn't know that much about FB, so at some point he is going to start disturbing the competitive balance of the league.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:56 am

The only way this trade could even come within the stratosphere of making sense is if you are leaving out some incredibly important information, like contract values where Miggy and Utley can be kept for $50 each and the other guys can be kept for $1 each. Other than that, this trade is ridiculous even by my standards, which is almost always to let anything go.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner