Question for sportsline commishes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question for sportsline commishes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question for sportsline commishes

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:27 am

Is there any way to set an innings pitched limit or is there any way to limit the number of starters for a weekly scoring period?

Some in my league were talking about establishing a 7 pitcher limit per week in our league but we are not sure if we can do that?

If not, what sites allow you to limit the amount of starting pitchers or what sites allow pitching limitations?

Thanks in advance.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:00 pm

You can limit the numbers of overall games pitched by starting pitchers for the season, but not weekly. Well I guess you could set the overall limit at 7 games started the 1st week, and up to 14 games the 2nd week, 21 the 3rd week, and keep going till the seasons over. The commish would just have top change the settings each week, take you about 10 seconds to do it, so yah you can limit the number of starts each week. Wait if you did that, someone may end up with a whole bunch of starts left for use in the second half. Be careful. :-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12205
(Past Year: 1364)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Try the commish corner:

Link
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:09 pm

thanks!

;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:11 pm

ayebatter wrote: Wait if you did that, someone may end up with a whole bunch of starts left for use in the second half. Be careful. :-D


I do not get what you are hinting at? Do you mean if somone only starts 5 pitchers one week and not 7 that they could rack up extra starts?
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
ayebatter wrote: Wait if you did that, someone may end up with a whole bunch of starts left for use in the second half. Be careful. :-D


I do not get what you are hinting at? Do you mean if somone only starts 5 pitchers one week and not 7 that they could rack up extra starts?


Well, if you added 7 starts each week thru the 1st 13 weeks, and a team only used 5 of the 7 for each of the 1st 13 weeks, he'd have an extra 26 starts to use in the second half.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12205
(Past Year: 1364)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:29 pm

ayebatter wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
ayebatter wrote: Wait if you did that, someone may end up with a whole bunch of starts left for use in the second half. Be careful. :-D


I do not get what you are hinting at? Do you mean if somone only starts 5 pitchers one week and not 7 that they could rack up extra starts?


Well, if you added 7 starts each week thru the 1st 13 weeks, and a team only used 5 of the 7 for each of the 1st 13 weeks, he'd have an extra 26 starts to use in the second half.


Yes, I see what you are saying0. I seriously doubt that many (if any) would do that in our scoring system unless they got 3 CG shutouts in the first few days of the scoring period. We added the total points generated by pitcher's stats and hitter's stats together to make up a team's score in our H2H league. Every week a team is only awarded 1 win and 1 loss after the numbers are added up.

Many teams could not afford to bench their starting pitchers. They would fall behind too quickly and all of those extra starts might not matter if they are below .500 with a bunch of bad pitching matchups and dead arms in early August.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:06 pm

so then yes, CBS will allow you to limit starts with modifying the number of starts in the commish set-up mode by adding any number of starts to the limit each week. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12205
(Past Year: 1364)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:48 pm

ayebatter wrote:so then yes, CBS will allow you to limit starts with modifying the number of starts in the commish set-up mode by adding any number of starts to the limit each week. ;-D


cool. thanks!
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact