Rickie Weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rickie Weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:02 pm

jeter2411 wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:This guy has zero pain tolerance. I think that is his biggest problem, he's a big baby.

He's on a short leash for my team this year.

It's the beginning of Spring Training...I am glad you aren't managing my baseball team, you'd have Sheets throwing complete game scrimmages in February...relax, he'll be fine and expect a 20/20 season!

Two years in a row of dealing with this guys injuries have pissed me off a little bit.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxfan364 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:50 pm

Major talent but another Nomar, Griffey - always hurt. This concerns me a bit. I think Julio Lugo will have a big year at the top of the Sox lineup, I just picked him in a draft ahead of Weeks. Lugo qualifies to play 2b in Yahoo leagues.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby issaquah stud » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Excuse me, but did I miss something? Last year was Weeks first full season @ the majors. And you people are comparing him to Griffey and Nomar who have had as many trips to the DL as Rickie is old.

That doesn't make sense. But i'm glad people think he's gonna be another nomar or griffey cuz that way he can slip into the midrounds and give me a steal for the 2nd best second baseman.
1BPujolsHuff
2BWeeks
3BCabrera
SSPeralta
IFSoriano OFSizemoreAlouCocoRVlad
PRoyHMULDERCainMadduxVerlanderESCOBAR Liriano
RPNathanCoffeyPapelbonGagne
issaquah stud
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:I hope all this talk and fear just drops him more in my upcoming drafts. Then hopefully i can back him up with Kinsler. If weeks is healthy, i truly think he is capable of giving Utley a run for his money as the best fantasy 2nd baseman.

theres a huge drop after utley so im sure he can come in 2nd. the big question is if he can stay healthy? i dont think so but i still consider him a very talented player who deserves a roster spot on any fantasy team.
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:42 pm

How is he considered injury prone????
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:26 pm

wrist injuries are tricky but you can't label him as injury prone yet. he's 24 and hasn't had a history of wrist injuries...he got hit with a fastball - you'd be with a wrist injury too. it was more flukish than anything else.

that being said, if this lingers he'll soon deserve the label but boy does he have talent. i just drafted him 65th overall in a no limit keeper league. he was my first big risk and i reached a little but if he can stay healthy and field well enough to remain a secondbaseman he can be the best out there soon (yes, better than utley).
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates