Russell Martin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Russell Martin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Russell Martin

Postby King Of Kings » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:47 am

What's your view on the Dodgers' catcher this year? To me he looks like a potential sleeper for a breakout year. Where do you think he will be taken during drafts?
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:12 pm

I'm hoping for a breakout year too. He's got the potential to hit for a decent average, along with double digit homers and steals. That's big-league for the catcher position. ;-D

In answer to your question, I'm targetting him in the later rounds, but there's at least 5 other catchers I would take before him.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby stumpak » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:09 pm

I agree with the above analysis. The other issue is that he is young and has no injury history (and ergo lower risk), which is more than one could say for many of the other C options once you get out of the top 3-5.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:18 pm

I think he is one of those guys that gets a little overrated because everyone is looking at him as a sleeper.

I have him projected for .284AVG 12HR 60RBI 64Runs 7SB
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:48 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:I think he is one of those guys that gets a little overrated because everyone is looking at him as a sleeper.

yeah i agree...ive seen him consistently ranked 4th behind mauer, v-mart, and mccann, and i dont think thats accurate. as for your projections rj, i disagree...that would be lower than his numbers from last year, although he should get alot of abs stolen from him because of lieberthal

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
RJ24VC15 wrote:I think he is one of those guys that gets a little overrated because everyone is looking at him as a sleeper.

yeah i agree...ive seen him consistently ranked 4th behind mauer, v-mart, and mccann, and i dont think thats accurate. as for your projections rj, i disagree...that would be lower than his numbers from last year, although he should get alot of abs stolen from him because of lieberthal

That does seem kind of low, since he got his #s last year without even playing a game in April.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby bjbhobbes » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:59 pm

I don't think Leiberthal will get all that manyABs either, 1/5games / PH type duty.
bjbhobbes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:00 pm

i see him as more of a 2/5's kinda guy.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boston fan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:01 pm

In my keepre catcher rankings i have him ranked 4th. I think for this year the projections posted above look good but he could break out. In the long term i really like him
boston fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I'm hoping for a breakout year too. He's got the potential to hit for a decent average, along with double digit homers and steals. That's big-league for the catcher position. ;-D

In answer to your question, I'm targetting him in the later rounds, but there's at least 5 other catchers I would take before him.

Thanks for the heads up
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers