I have a dream - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

I have a dream

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have a dream

Postby theisrealite » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:40 pm

Of establishing a four sport super league. I have been in a 3 sport league for about 4 years, and it was our first serouis attempt at a 4 sport league(hockey,baseball,football,and basketball). Alas, times change, people change, commitments change, and that league will soon be a lesser version of its orginal self. If you are interested in my dream here is the scenerio.

We will start off as non-keeper. I just have a firm belief that non keeper makes for more cutthroat competition, but after we get established if the majority wants keeper then the majority will rule. Hockey,Baseball, and Basketball will be point-based. I believe point-based leagues are the best indicator of a players true fantasy value. I also believe point-based scoring leagues to be the best. The Football league will be Head to Head points based scoring. IMO Football is the only sport that should be head to head because everyone is on an even playing field. No scheduling quirks or massive waiver wire pillaging, just your best against my best.

The Sports Year will start with Baseball 2004. We will do everything Yahoo! at first. We will also keep a tally going for Competitor of the Year. As a default lets say we start with 12 strong GM's. First would be worth 12 Champion points, last 1 Champion Point, for each sport. The greatest champ would have 48 total Champion Points. I don't think anyone would be able to pull that off.

As we grow as a league we could include prize/pool money, expand to more teams, upgrade to a better service provider, hell even start our own website like this one. Not on this scale of course, but something just for the league that we establish.

I have about 3 guys in line right now. I can bring probably up to about 6 including myself from the old league. 12 GM's would be nice, 20 GM's would be the ultimate goal. This is what I am looking for in a GM.

1) A complete dedication to fantasy sports. We are talking checking your team at least once a day, the guys I bring over check theirs about 3 to 4 times a day. The ability to rattle off your roster like they were your own children. A massive amount of useless sports information amassed over the years. Living for a live draft.And as the commercial says, if you were able to bill for the time you spent researching your draft you would be able to own your favourite franchise.

2) A research junkie. I didn't know jack about hockey, but I forced myself to learn the sport and have made myself into a first place team. You don't have to know the sport like a coach, but you better know the players and how the numbers work.

3) Active on the message board. If we don't talk a little smack then we become the Matrix. Nothing but a bunch of numbers on the screen. With smack talk each team develops a personality, and we can attatch that personality to a GM.

4) An undying thirst to win. I hate a guy that plays for fourth place. I can respect a person that is in 11th but tried to improve his team thru trades and such. He tried but failed, but at least he tried. A guy that plays for fourth is just a chump in my book. There is no honor in that.

If you have a dream of being on the ground floor of something special let me know something. Its going to be hard work but the reward will be worth it.
Causing chaos since 1968.
theisrealite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:01 pm

You are completely obsessed. It sounds cool, but I don't think I will have the time next year.
M_Zimm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby theisrealite » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:22 pm

Nobody said it would be easy, but I figure out of a large talent pool such as this I can find a few like minded people. Thanks for the input though.
theisrealite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby theisrealite » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:04 am

Ichtus4life, got your IM message. I have DSL and I forget to logoff AIM when I go to sleep. Live in Chicago and I am usually on from 7-10:30PM Central time during the week. Hope to hear from you soon so we can go further in depth.
theisrealite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Totally cool

Postby Ichthus » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:09 am

looks like we share the same dream........ i know a few other guys who are interested as well....... let's talk.......... it would be so great to get a core group of guys who enjoy all 4 major fantasy sports and are dedicated for the long haul
Ichthus
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Totally cool

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 am

Ichthus wrote:looks like we share the same dream........ i know a few other guys who are interested as well....... let's talk.......... it would be so great to get a core group of guys who enjoy all 4 major fantasy sports and are dedicated for the long haul

the cafe strikes again ... tell a friend ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1146)

Return to Classifieds