I GOT EM!!!!! (Police Tickets) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I GOT EM!!!!! (Police Tickets)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I GOT EM!!!!! (Police Tickets)

Postby Pacman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:28 pm

I am going to see The Police rock Fenway Park on July 29th!!!!!

I don't go to many concerts these days, but when they announced the Police were reuniting and planning a tour, I knew I had to try.

And when they announced that the Boston show would be at Fenway Park (they have one concert event there each summer), I was worried. The Fenway shows are harder to get seats for than TD BankNorth Garden, Tweeter Center or Gilette Stadium concerts...

So, my wife is in the Best Buy Rewards Club (she signs up for all those things), and she got an e-mail last week indicating that club members were getting a shot at pre-sale seats for Police shows (Best Buy is the major sponsor of the tour). Anway, you get a special code, and when the pre-sale starts, you can plug in the code at Ticketmaster and get in the queue for seats.

Anyway, I tried this last week, Wednesday, I think it was, at Noon, but came up empty.

Then, on Friday, they added a second Fenway date for the Police, and another Best Buy club presale starting today (Sunday) at 12noon.

This time I got em... 2 seats in the FIRST row, left field, against the incline headed up toward the Green Monster (Sec 32, Box 163, Row AA). I've sat there before for games, and they're great. Should be good for a concert, which I've never seen at Fenway, but I guess the stage is in center field.

Anyway, thanks for letting me cheer... For an old guy like me, a chance to relive my youth seeing one of my favorite bands of that era (early 80s) is really exciting.

-pac
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:29 pm

How much?
How much do you think they'd go on eBay?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pacman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Total bill was $222.35. The seats were $95 each, plus the taxes, ticketmaster charges, etc.

I figure a good pair will sell for a LOT on eBay, particualrly closer to the event...

But honestly, even if I could make an $800-900 profit on the pair, I wouldn't sell em... any other concert, maybe... The Police, no.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby statsman88 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:24 pm

Thats awesome 8-o

I'm a huge police fan, $95 is a steal right now, especially front row!
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:53 pm

wow, that is a great score!! Congrats on the good luck arising from your determination and persistance!! ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:56 pm

I got police tickets once, but I didn't read them, and somehow I ended up in jail, no joke, crazy story I know. :-B
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:22 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I got police tickets once, but I didn't read them, and somehow I ended up in jail, no joke, crazy story I know. :-B

:-b :-b

Congrats Pacman. Enjoy. I know how excited you are, with the way GN'R came back out of nowhere and I got to finally see them. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RyanK » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:42 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:I got police tickets once, but I didn't read them, and somehow I ended up in jail, no joke, crazy story I know. :-B

Thats what i thought this was gonna be about... god ol' law
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:05 am

teddy ballgame wrote:

:-b :-b

Congrats Pacman. Enjoy. I know how excited you are, with the way GN'R came back out of nowhere and I got to finally see them. ;-D

I'm shocked that Teddy found a way to fit GNR in there. ;-7

Congrats on the score, Pacman. ;-D ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby soxfan364 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:54 am

Excellent!! I'm a fan, I mentioned this to my wife but she didn't seem interested.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk