Mock - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Mock

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:13 pm

I went heavy on starting pitching early, obviously. Considering that, I still like how my offense turned out. Consider it a 5x5 roto keeper.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Nick Swisher
2B - Dan Uggla
SS - Carlos Guillen
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Jeremy Hermida
OF - Rocco Baldelli
OF - Jeff Francoeur
UTIL - Michael Cuddyer
BN - Russell Martin
BN - Alex Gordon
BN - Carlos Quentin
BN - Wily Mo Pena

SP - Johan Santana
SP - Chris Carpenter
RP - Bobby Jenks
RP - Joe Borowski
P - Roy Halladay
P - Matt Cain
P - Barry Zito
BN - Rich Hill
BN - John Patterson
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jtrain19 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:27 am

i think martin might have been a waste of a pick.. you have mccann and your not going to sit him.. you probably could have got a decent 1b in the round you drafted him.. then swisher could have moved into the OF and hermida to the bench, until he proves himself this season..

but give it a thought, try moving martin and maybe patterson for a 1b sure as adrian gonzalez, 28+hrs.. but i like your team... its pretty solid.. is phillips available? i'd rather see him at 2nd than uggla, i dont see him reproducing last years numbers.. id watch the wires for phillips if uggla starts slow..
jtrain19
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:33 am

jtrain19 wrote:i think martin might have been a waste of a pick.. you have mccann and your not going to sit him.. you probably could have got a decent 1b in the round you drafted him.. then swisher could have moved into the OF and hermida to the bench, until he proves himself this season..

but give it a thought, try moving martin and maybe patterson for a 1b sure as adrian gonzalez, 28+hrs.. but i like your team... its pretty solid.. is phillips available? i'd rather see him at 2nd than uggla, i dont see him reproducing last years numbers.. id watch the wires for phillips if uggla starts slow..

For some reason, this mock required us to take 2 catchers. The 2 I got are the 2 I wanted.

I hear you about Uggla. I'm very skeptical, but equally skeptical about Phillips.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mission27 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:22 am

Vote number three againts ugla. But still, Philips is a gamble too.
How did you end up with m-cab and johan? nice draft, and great job of filling the hitting and still having a GREAT A+++ pitching staff. With Santana and carpentar, thats the two best pitchers in mlb. And if halliday is healthy, he can realy produce. Halliday is also mabey even OVER valued in trades. Some people are so happy to get him, it swings the enitre trade. I just dont see that with some very good (most likely even beter) pitchers sutch as Jake Peavey.
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jtrain19 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:33 am

well if you had to draft 2 catchers then you got to really good ones.. as those are the two i have in my leagues.. phillips isn't a given, but he has speed and is underrated, so he should be there if uggla does fail...
jtrain19
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Neck » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:33 am

your pitching is great. Offense isn't top notch but it is solid. Not too bad. I'd be happy with it.
Neck
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:36 am

mission27 wrote:How did you end up with m-cab and johan?

It's a 10-teamer (didn't know that till it started-I was looking for 12-team) and I had the 1.09 (Johan) and 2.02 (MCab) and then grabbed Carp at 3.09 and Roy at 4.02.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hstlives » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:56 pm

For drafting pitching early, you did a good job to fill in your bats. I'm a little weary about Swisher and Uggla, but nothing that can't be fixed with some add drops or trades. Overall good job.
hstlives
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mission27 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 pm

I would not be afraid of having swisher. His minor league track record speaks of a good power hitter. 31 homers in 503 ab between the magors and aaa in 04 is great. 21 in the majors in 05. Than 32 in the magors in 06. His power is improving as he fills into his body. I see 40 homers on the horizan.
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team