chone figgins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chone figgins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:53 pm

mrider wrote:
UncleIvan wrote:I got burned by this guy last year

How did you get burned? Odds are you had him at a light posistion. SS or 2B and he had a good year. Good runs, amazing steals, alright RBI and HR for a speedster and a weak AVG. Unless you were expecting better then a very good well rounded fantasy player.

I had intended to draft him in the mid second round, if he fell to me. Luckily, someone else grabbed him early. I think what UncleIvan is talking about in terms of being burned is how everyone was debating whether Utley or Figgins would be the better pick. For those that went Figgins...yuck.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Figgy's numbers are trending badly and he's hitting the age where the wheels often go. And his fielding isn't that good. It isn't just the fielding percentage. He's often getting bad jumps on balls scored hits that a good jump he could've gotten to. He could very soon find himself in a spot where Scioscia has better options at every position.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mrider » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Will Gary Matthews Jr. being attached to steroid talk make Figgins bat leadoff? That signing of Matthews Jr. is looking terrible now.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rhydderch » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Just remember Brandon Wood is putting in time at 3rd. While Figgins is a very good fantasy player, hes not that good in real baseball. Its likely Figgins starts the year at third, but I'd be awful careful spending a high pick on him.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby glcmustliveon » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:45 pm

I think Scioscia is going to bat him leadoff, for what its worth. Scioscia was quoted recently saying he wasn't sure who would bat lead off, however, he said that he could see GMJ hitting in the middle of the order. I expect to see Figgy leading off until Juan Rivera gets back. That being said, I dont like Figgins batting ability at all this year, but in a roto league he will have plenty of value due to his SB's, but that might not matter if he can't get on base.

A lot will depend on how deep our lineup can get," Scioscia said. "He (Matthews) is a guy that can be part of the middle of the order in some lineups. He can protect some guys in some lineups. Leading off is something we're going to look very closely at with Gary because I think he has the ability to be a terrific leadoff hitter.

FYI Matthews is statistically better in the leadoff spot, and Figgins has been better out of the leadoff spot, For what its worth.

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby berkguyyy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:43 am

I still remember last year how a lot of people preferred figgins to reyes. How times have changed. Anywho, Figgins I think is in for a decent year. I believe his avg should improve and he'll eventually find a way to move towards the top of the lineup. Angels lineup isn't that good and I think figgins may become the best option for leadoff.
berkguyyy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates