chone figgins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chone figgins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

chone figgins

Postby spamnon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Anyone notice figgins has 2B eligibility in Yahoo this year, along with 3B and OF? I really didn't expect him to have second base, cause I kept reading how he was one guy who was losing eligibility, but it looks like he played enough games there (9). Even though he is projected to bat 9th, his value is bumped up now that he is the second best 2B behind utley!
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:50 pm

I think where everyone was saying he was going to lose eligibility was SS.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: chone figgins

Postby Archduke Chocula » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:53 pm

spamnon wrote:Anyone notice figgins has 2B eligibility in Yahoo this year, along with 3B and OF? I really didn't expect him to have second base, cause I kept reading how he was one guy who was losing eligibility, but it looks like he played enough games there (9). Even though he is projected to bat 9th, his value is bumped up now that he is the second best 2B behind utley!

He had more than 5 starts at 2B. That's all that matters. Any player that starts at a position 5 times, earns eligibility. Eligibility isn't as mysterious as some players think.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby vladguerrero » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:10 pm

spamnon wrote:Anyone notice figgins has 2B eligibility in Yahoo this year, along with 3B and OF? I really didn't expect him to have second base, cause I kept reading how he was one guy who was losing eligibility, but it looks like he played enough games there (9). Even though he is projected to bat 9th, his value is bumped up now that he is the second best 2B behind utley!

is figgins really going to bat 9th???? :-/
vladguerrero
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 pm

I sure wouldnt call him the second best 2B. Specially if he is going to be batting 9th.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spamnon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:12 am

Archduke Chocula wrote:

He had more than 5 starts at 2B. That's all that matters. Any player that starts at a position 5 times, earns eligibility. Eligibility isn't as mysterious as some players think.

I understand how he got eligibility, but all rankings/publications/websites I had been reading made no mention of him as a 2B. He is primarily ranked with 3Bs, but I would think he holds more value as a 2B.

Even if he bats 9, he still has potential to steal 50 bases and bat near 300, making him worthy of the second best 2B (after Utley). Plus their projected leadoff hitter, Gary Matthews Jr., has a good chance of not succeeding there, since last year seems more like a fluke then the norm, so we may see figgins batting 1st again.
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnsamo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:34 pm

Figgy's worth ethic really got on Scioscia's nerves last year. Too many missed bunts, and a lot of bonehead fielding errors last year. Mathews is going to have to really tank to lose the leadoff spot. Hopefully, losing CF and the lead off spot will light a fire under figgy, but past history makes me think he'll just sulk and complain rather than work harder.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby UncleIvan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:55 pm

I got burned by this guy last year
UncleIvan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:44 pm

He's too talented to bat 9th...they just want to light a fire under his belly and I think it will work. I see a pretty big year for him and I think he will end up being one of the top 3 or 4 2Bmen...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrider » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:25 pm

UncleIvan wrote:I got burned by this guy last year

How did you get burned? Odds are you had him at a light posistion. SS or 2B and he had a good year. Good runs, amazing steals, alright RBI and HR for a speedster and a weak AVG. Unless you were expecting better then a very good well rounded fantasy player.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates