TQ Stats Pros/Cons

Postby BillyButler's Butler » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:49 pm

A little help here.
BillyButler's Butler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby egl22 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:58 pm

we used them the last 5 years and will not anymore.
it was easy to use but they kept having errors and we had to do a lot of things manually.
early in the season their articles are decent but then they seem to just stop.
overall other sites are much better and about equal cost.
if you talk to them they also have some attitude.
we had a unique style and as i said were with them 5 years and this year paid up and were preparing for our draft.
3 days ago they emailed us and said they decided not to let us use our style and we had to conform to one of their styles.
we considered this last minute move cheesy and after pointing out we have paid and been with them a long time and they already have our style of system they just said too bad,use our way or find another site.
egl22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BillyButler's Butler » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 pm

egl22 wrote:we used them the last 5 years and will not anymore.
it was easy to use but they kept having errors and we had to do a lot of things manually.
early in the season their articles are decent but then they seem to just stop.
overall other sites are much better and about equal cost.
if you talk to them they also have some attitude.
we had a unique style and as i said were with them 5 years and this year paid up and were preparing for our draft.
3 days ago they emailed us and said they decided not to let us use our style and we had to conform to one of their styles.
we considered this last minute move cheesy and after pointing out we have paid and been with them a long time and they already have our style of system they just said too bad,use our way or find another site.
Now that is an outrage. We have a fairly unique style as well, where are you going to run your site now?
BillyButler's Butler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby egl22 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 pm

we will have to ditch our system,even though it was by far the best i ever played.
we searched everywhere and no site could handle our way.
we researched and it looks like everyone says the auction for h2h is the next best and most interesting.
after checking out various sites and samples we have all agreed cbs sportsline is the one to use.
it has lots of bells and whistles we like and is easy to use and iy has a very good rep for quality.
we found yahoo poor and espn/rotowire somewhat unreliable.
as for tq they came back to us offering a discount for this year.
we told them saving a few bucks is not worth adding to their coffers and since they were not top notch to begin with we must assume they will get worse with their cost cutting.
i have since read elsewhere where quite a few leagues were treated poorly there and they are not returning.
most of them are going to cbs as well.
egl22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LilCAL » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Can I ask what you had for a system that they decided not to continue? We received the same crap from them as well. regarding our site and WE ARE on the HUNT for a new provider. CBS does kick, the only draw back FOR US, is that we have a very custom schedule. (which I have posted on here already to see if there is a solution).
It sucks to see TQ do this, It sounds to me there is a NEW management in town, and they are cutting some big corners for 2007. BURN baby BURN!
LilCAL Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Commissioner's Corner