first timer playing in a money league....how did i do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

first timer playing in a money league....how did i do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

first timer playing in a money league....how did i do?

Postby djxskillz » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi this is my first time playing fantasy baseball and I really don't know much about baseball but I decided to join a money league with my friends anyways.....(yes i know probably a stupid move already but its ok only thirty bucks)

anyways CBS points league H2H draft just finished 10 teams. Heres my team--how did i do? What am I weak in? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate this team?

Batters:

C-Martin Russell
1B-Lance Berkman
2B-Howie Kendrick
3B-Garrett Atkins
SS-Jose B. Reyes
OF-J.D Drew
OF-Matt Holliday
OF-Jermaine Dye
Utility-Julio Lugio

Pitchers:

Bronson Arroyo
Francisco Cordero
Brian Fuentes
Aaron Harang
Felix Hernandez
John Patterson
JJ Putz

Reserve Batters:

1B-Adrian Gonzalez
1B-Lyle Overbay
2B-Brandon Phillips
3B-Alex Gordon
OF-Mike Cameron

Reserve Pitchers:

Scott Olson
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sensei » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 pm

I like your offense. Good mashers in Holiday, Berkman, Atkins, and Dye...Lugo and Reyes for SB's, and Drew could be a big factor if he can perform in Boston. You have 3 solid closers, and your SP are maybe a bit weak, but not too bad. Harang and Felix should be pretty solid, and Arroyo might come close to performing like last year. If Patterson can regain his form, you should be fine, plus I like Olson. Great reserve batters...Gordon/Gonzo/Overbay...I'd give your team a 9. Very solid.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby xxgobosoxxx » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:07 pm

I agree, but to the previous poster this is a 10 team league, so talent is going to be spread, pitching is your crutch right now. 2 solid closers, but not much depth at SP.

And, once you get past Feliz and Harang, its some serious question marks.

That being said, for a first time draft you did well, and followed a plan that I suggest to all rookies. Draft hitters in bunches as they are easier to predict and trade later on for pitching help.

Don't be too quick to make deals, as your buds are going to definetly try and screw with you. But, at the same time make it known subtely that you are looking for some starting pitching.
Down 3, 8 straight.....The 2004 World Series Champions. The "Idiots". some gone, none forgotten.
xxgobosoxxx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mission27 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:08 pm

I would move Berkman to of and put adrian gonzalez at first (bench drew, he doesnt hit for power or a great avrege, and obp doe not count right).
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

wow thanks

Postby djxskillz » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:38 pm

thanks for the responses guys it makes me feel a lot better about my team. Well one of my friends asked me if i would trade garrett atkins for carpenter . Since you guys think my SP is really weak should i pull this deal? Thanks !
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lsquad » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:49 am

I'd make that trade. it will leave you weak at third, but you are getting the better player.

this team could be ok, but you are counting on allot of unproven, inconsistent, and young players to work out. if it breaks right, its a great team, but i'm not sold on it.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=251048
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joeyrk32 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:24 pm

I think I would make the atkins trade for carpenter if I were you. Your hitting will still be damn good, while your pitching will get a lot better by adding carpenter and not subtracting anyone. It gives you the marquee number 1 that very few people have. Also, you have Alex Gordon on your bench and everything everywhere says he will be a stud.
joeyrk32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Eagle Baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:46 pm

I like your hitters but I think you wasted a pick on Lugo. I think he is your weak link and I think you have better hitting options on your bench. I like the Carpenter trade IF Gordon gets the starting gig in KC.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neck » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:49 pm

I'd trade Atkins for Carpenter and see if you can pick up a 3b off waivers. Perhaps Inge went undrafted in your league (he did in mine). He'd be a good pick up.
Neck
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jtrain19 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:28 pm

make the trade before it gets pulled off the table... good team.. you must have been doin some research...
jtrain19
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team