Jered Weaver to Miss Time with Sore Shoulder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jered Weaver to Miss Time with Sore Shoulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jered Weaver to Miss Time with Sore Shoulder

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Jered Weaver has tightness in his throwing shoulder and won't throw off a mound for "a couple of weeks."
It's not a new feeling for Weaver. "The way I throw, it's going to be an issue — I've had it since high school," he said. "It sticks around for a long time, and it's a matter of knocking it out. With my long mechanics and different arm slot, I put a little more stress on my shoulder." Weaver revealed that he had an MRI last month that showed only tendinitis. If that's all there is, it's something he can overcome with rest. However, there's no guarantee the MRI detected what was really going on. It's time to start dropping him on draft lists.
Source: Los Angeles Times
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:20 pm

ty for the update. time to shove him down the list :~(
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby johnsamo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Well... I wouldn't shove him to far down just yet. Those first year #s weren't a mirage. Plus, Weaver doesn't particularly rely on a blazing fastball. He's largely a location/change of speed pitcher.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Also, it looks like with Justin Spier, Scioscia will have a dependable middle relief guy this year, so Weaver is likely to throw fewer pitches per start this year. Last year, Scioscia kept Weaver in longer than he really wanted just because he didn't have a good option.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rotundor » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Latest News
Jered Weaver (biceps) threw three scoreless innings Tuesday in a minor league game. Weaver tossed a total of 47 pitches, getting three strikeouts while allowing two hits. He's still eyeing an April 16 return. "Everything felt good," Weaver said. "I snapped off a few good breaking balls. I'm right on schedule."

Source: Rotoworld[/url]
Rotundor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby flooredyas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Now the question is weather the Angel's DL him or option him to the minors. Anyone know his status for minor league options?
flooredyas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:28 pm

Good news for me; my opponent in my big money league has him starting and I'm not sure he's heard this yet. :-o
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:37 am

flooredyas wrote:Now the question is weather the Angel's DL him or option him to the minors. Anyone know his status for minor league options?

What has the weather got to do with it? :-? ;-) :-D
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Big Train » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 am

Short note on Weaver in this unrelated article... April 16 return vs. Boston still looks like it's a go. (Apparently, this date will also mark the earliest starting time for a game in Angels history: 10 am EDT)

"Jered Weaver extended himself to 62 pitches in a camp game Sunday in Tempe, Ariz., and is on track to start Friday at Rancho Cucamonga. Weaver is then expected to make his season debut April 16 at Boston."

http://www.presstelegram.com/sports/ci_5573419
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby josebach » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Rotundor wrote:Latest News
Jered Weaver (biceps) threw three scoreless innings Tuesday in a minor league game. Weaver tossed a total of 47 pitches, getting three strikeouts while allowing two hits. He's still eyeing an April 16 return. "Everything felt good," Weaver said. "I snapped off a few good breaking balls. I'm right on schedule."

Source: Rotoworld[/url]

He's right on schedule to start the season two weeks late. :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates