22 keepers, 20 teams, 2nd year, replacements - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

22 keepers, 20 teams, 2nd year, replacements

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

22 keepers, 20 teams, 2nd year, replacements

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:38 am

I am not currently sure if all the managers are returning from last year and there may be a few open teams. If you are interested in being added to the waiting list for an open team then reply to this post. I am not going to guarantee that you will be invited into the league. This is a highly competitive league. All applying managers must have a fantasy profile with an overall performance of at least 60% and have played in at least 20 fantasy games. This is a truly amazing league with hardcore fantasy managers. This is very important, list the link to your fantasy profile so I can check and see if you meet the requirements. You should know within a week if you are selected for the league or not. I will get back to everyone on whether you made it or not.

League Settings Hosted by Yahoo!

League Name: The Deeper Keeper (Year 2)
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 20
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 12, 2007
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Min Innings Pitched: 25
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Commissioner's Note

Welcome to the league whether you are new or were in this league last year. I expect to have a great season and I hope you do as well. If you have any questions feel free to email me at ------- or ask on the messageboard.

Here is the timeline. I am not adding dates because I am not quite sure when everyone will join.

1. Get 20 managers to join the league.
2. Have all 20 teams post their keepers. I will send out the rosters to everyone once everyone has joined. From the rosters 22 keepers will need to be chosen. This should take approximately a week.
3. Once I have the 22 keepers from everyone I will add them to the teams in the offline draft.
4. The 3 round messageboard draft will be held on the league messageboard on the Yahoo! league page. I will be posting the draft order soon.
5. Once the draft is over, everyone is free to begin the season.

I think that is it. Any Comments or questions, feel free to speak your mind.

League Rules:

1. All teams must have an MLB team name. ex. Arizona Diamondbacks, New York Yankees

2. All trade vetoes will be voted upon at the messageboard. The trade will be pending the full time unless it is vetoed. I will veto the trade as soon as seven managers post that the trade should be vetoed.

Please do not change your team name before the messageboard draft is done. This will make it much easier for me. If you wish to change your name, feel free to do so after the messageboard draft.
Dynasty Deacon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Currently 14 of the 20 teams have joined already. I am giving all the returning managers until Friday, February 23rd to join. After that I will start taking replacement owners from the waiting list.
Dynasty Deacon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:23 pm

More info. I neglected to add.

1. 3 round messageboard draft is snaking with the worst team from last year getting the first pick.

2. Waiver Rank at the beginning of the season is the reverse order of finish from the year before. Worst team has the best waiver rank and the best chance of getting Liriano or Felix Hernandez mid-season to help their team.
Dynasty Deacon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Thrill » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Interested. Sent you a PM. ;-)
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)

Postby nutjobs » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:59 am

interested also sent you a pm
nutjobs
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:35 pm

Update:

League has 15 people in it. I am still waiting for 5 people to join from last year. 1 person from last year has just told me they are going to sign up today, so the league should have 16 of the 20 managers in by the end of the day. That would leave 4 teams left and I currently have a waiting list of 7 managers. So if you want in this league and are not currently on the waiting list, your odds are very slim that you will get in. I will tell everyone who is on the waiting list on Saturday if they are in or not.

Thanks to all who applied.
Dynasty Deacon
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds