Big Problem with prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Big Problem with prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Problem with prospects

Postby suppasonic » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 pm

Way back in December, my 20-team dynasty league did the minor league/FA draft, which can be found here:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2007/player_rankings_dynastydraft.php

The provisions were that you had the rights to the player until April 1st, at which point you could add them or drop them from your rosters. If a player was not on Yahoo's database by Opening day, you lost the rights.

We are now in the process of deciding between ESPN or Yahoo to run the league; we've done Yahoo in the past. Normally this is an OK debate, but the reason behind the switch would be because ESPN has 90% of the prospects we drafted, whereas Yahoo has only about 15%.

Here are my problems:
    People who drafted Hughes or Bailey or Elbert or whoever do not deserve to have them on their rosters and be able to keep them if they dont get called up until July. Now knowing I'd be able to have a Longoria or a Hovechar on my roster I'd have completely redone my draft list.

The draft was an autodraft. The commish used everyones rankings and just did like Yahoo does for an autodraft. But only 5 people submitted personalized rankings; everyone else just used the commishes rankings he sent out to everyone to build from. Thus, by pure luck, someone would get decent prospects who only first get called up in september.

Now, we havent done a vote yet, but are my arguements justified? Any other arguements I can use or show to the commish?

Thanks.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mission27 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:50 pm

I think that most people add value to leagues with minors systems. This rewards those who do their scooting. If you don't like such deep leagues, my suggested is to join a league without a minors draft.
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner