Wilson Alvarez: 2003 Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wilson Alvarez: 2003 Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:18 pm

I was actually referring to a max innings cap. Too many times I see people trying to win pitching catagories with quantity over quality. Most often, you run into that in a H2H league. If there's an inning cap, or a maximum number of roster moves allowed, then that doesn't come into play anymore.

I could see using max limits on innings & number of transactions, but considering how we use our transactions fund, why not collect all we can if it is used for a good cause - to promote baseball in our community?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:23 pm

grammysboy wrote:
I was actually referring to a max innings cap. Too many times I see people trying to win pitching catagories with quantity over quality. Most often, you run into that in a H2H league. If there's an inning cap, or a maximum number of roster moves allowed, then that doesn't come into play anymore.

I could see using max limits on innings & number of transactions, but considering how we use our transactions fund, why not collect all we can if it is used for a good cause - to promote baseball in our community?

Not a bad way to spend your league funds. I give you and your leaguemates two thumbs up. ;-D ;-D

Not having a cap or limit causes you to run into the quantity for quality problem though. If it's all just in good fun, then more power to you guys. Some people will get tired of losing that way though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby grammysboy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:03 pm

Does a league that limits transactions generally limit by the week or by the season?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:23 pm

grammysboy wrote:Does a league that limits transactions generally limit by the week or by the season?

For the season. I know Yahoo used 1250 max innings in roto last year. They didn't have a max moves limit, but you can set the parameters in a private league.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers