Minor leaguers in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minor leaguers in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Archduke Chocula wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:but Bailey has little chance. Hochevar has none. Jason Stokes? Evan Longoria's a great prospect, but he's not gonna make the Rays out of ST.

I disagree. Bailey could close for the Reds this year. He could also start for them. The Royals claim that they are tired of losing-- Hochevar is ready to pitch this year. Longoria is a ridiculous talent. He is invited to ST and don't count him out of the mix at all.

no chance bailey closes. hes one of the very best starting prospects in baseball.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Archduke Chocula » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
no chance bailey closes. hes one of the very best starting prospects in baseball.

Teams use prospects as relievers all the time. Further, the Reds need a closer. Will he pitch as closer all year with a ton of appearances? No. But they could use him as a part of a Bray-Bailey tandem. Papelbon was a pretty good pitching prospect, too. He closed. Liriano was a reliever first. On and on.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Archduke Chocula » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:35 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:I believe Cinci has said that Bailey will start in the minors, and same with Hochevar. The Rays have been cautious with prospects, and already have 2 3B (Upton and Iwamura).

They would make Upton a DH/OF, use Iwamura at 2B and have Longoria at 3B.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Archduke Chocula wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Teams use prospects as relievers all the time. Further, the Reds need a closer. Will he pitch as closer all year with a ton of appearances? No. But they could use him as a part of a Bray-Bailey tandem. Papelbon was a pretty good pitching prospect, too. He closed. Liriano was a reliever first. On and on.

yea, teams use their starting pitching prospects as relievers all the time to ease them into the rotation. ALA liriano pitching 2, 3 innings in relief. the reds dont have a good rotation to begin with. if bailey makes the team, hes going to make it over a guy like eric milton. i think you're very far off-base with your comments, inlcuding longoria starting in the majors...theres no chance of that happening either.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Archduke Chocula » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 am

Snakes Gould wrote:yea, teams use their starting pitching prospects as relievers all the time to ease them into the rotation. ALA liriano pitching 2, 3 innings in relief. the reds dont have a good rotation to begin with. if bailey makes the team, hes going to make it over a guy like eric milton. i think you're very far off-base with your comments, inlcuding longoria starting in the majors...theres no chance of that happening either.

Regardless of whether they use him to start or to relieve, my main point was that he could easily pitch this year-- even from the outset. Therefore, it is valid for Yahoo to include him this year.

And if you are saying the chances of Longoria making the TB 25-man roster are 0%, I disagree strongly.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 am

Right now, there is a 0% chance Bailey closes in Cincy. He's too important to the franchise to possibly be messed up closing. There is no way.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers