Minor leaguers in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minor leaguers in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minor leaguers in Yahoo

Postby bigken117 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Get the jump on your league mates ;-D

Alex Gordon
Evan Longoria
Brandon Wood
Homer Bailey
Tim Lincecum
Felix Pie
Elijah Dukes
Luke Hochevar
Kory Casto
Andy LaRoche
Jason Stokes
Larry Broadway
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Minor leaguers in Yahoo

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:33 pm

bigken117 wrote:Get the jump on your league mates ;-D

Alex Gordon
Evan Longoria
Brandon Wood
Homer Bailey
Tim Lincecum
Felix Pie
Elijah Dukes
Luke Hochevar
Kory Casto
Andy LaRoche
Jason Stokes
Larry Broadway


I hate the fact that they can't be consistent with available players.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:35 pm

i completely agree...there's NO reason why someone like homer bailey should be in the database already. it makes it extremely difficult because, when he does get called up, its first come, first serve, rather than the waiver process like cole.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i completely agree...there's NO reason why someone like homer bailey should be in the database already. it makes it extremely difficult because, when he does get called up, its first come, first serve, rather than the waiver process like cole.


I agree, but i guess thats why its good to grab him and hold on :-?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i completely agree...there's NO reason why someone like homer bailey should be in the database already. it makes it extremely difficult because, when he does get called up, its first come, first serve, rather than the waiver process like cole.


While I agree with you here, I can understand why Yahoo does it. I'm sure they would get a flood of "Where's Alex Gordon?" emails if they didn't. I remember a couple years ago when they wouldn't add anyone until they played in the majors (with the new Japanese and Cuban players being the exception) and there were always a handful of fresh rookies set to make their MLB debut in the Spring that weren't in the Yahoo database yet. This move just cuts down on those email complaints and allows them to field other questions instead.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:33 pm

ironman wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i completely agree...there's NO reason why someone like homer bailey should be in the database already. it makes it extremely difficult because, when he does get called up, its first come, first serve, rather than the waiver process like cole.


While I agree with you here, I can understand why Yahoo does it. I'm sure they would get a flood of "Where's Alex Gordon?" emails if they didn't. I remember a couple years ago when they wouldn't add anyone until they played in the majors (with the new Japanese and Cuban players being the exception) and there were always a handful of fresh rookies set to make their MLB debut in the Spring that weren't in the Yahoo database yet. This move just cuts down on those email complaints and allows them to field other questions instead.
You are right, concerning Gordon... but Bailey has little chance. Hochevar has none. Jason Stokes? Evan Longoria's a great prospect, but he's not gonna make the Rays out of ST.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i completely agree...there's NO reason why someone like homer bailey should be in the database already. it makes it extremely difficult because, when he does get called up, its first come, first serve, rather than the waiver process like cole.


I agree, but i guess thats why its good to grab him and hold on :-?


yeah but then you have a dead spot on your roster for months...ill pass on that :-t
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Archduke Chocula » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:but Bailey has little chance. Hochevar has none. Jason Stokes? Evan Longoria's a great prospect, but he's not gonna make the Rays out of ST.


I disagree. Bailey could close for the Reds this year. He could also start for them. The Royals claim that they are tired of losing-- Hochevar is ready to pitch this year. Longoria is a ridiculous talent. He is invited to ST and don't count him out of the mix at all.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 179
Joined: 8 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:09 pm

I believe Cinci has said that Bailey will start in the minors, and same with Hochevar. The Rays have been cautious with prospects, and already have 2 3B (Upton and Iwamura).
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:14 pm

Pie was actually in the Yahoo system last year. I supose you could add Jimenez & Humber to that list since I don't think either were added to the Yahoo database since they only pitched 7IP & 2IP between them.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8519
(Past Year: 123)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact