Any steals with the Yahoo Rankings? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any steals with the Yahoo Rankings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:31 pm

DbacksRback wrote:i hope to get crawfrod twords the end of the first round then a guy like beltran/vlad than a big power guy in the third.....could work out the way crawford is ranked.


no way that either one is there in the late 3rd. :-°
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:i hope to get crawfrod twords the end of the first round then a guy like beltran/vlad than a big power guy in the third.....could work out the way crawford is ranked.


no way that either one is there in the late 3rd. :-°


Pretty sure he meant Crawford with like pick 11, Vlad/Beltran with pick 13 on the way back and then a big power guy with his 3rd pick, maybe Andruw or Aramis type.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mongo366 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:07 pm

I've been a long time guest to the forum, soaking up your knowledge, but I finally decided to chip in.

I took the position rankings from the below link and placed the player's Yahoo ADP up next to it. I then averaged the ADPs of the 4 highest players immmediately following a player at that position. If the averaged ADPs were lower than the ADP of the selected player, I have highlighted them.
http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=ys-expertpoll-preseason1-1b&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/mlb

The idea is that real values will appear by figuring out when inferior players are being drafted before them. Here's what I got by position:

SS:
None

1B
Prince Fielder - ADP: 99.1
Lyle Overbay - ADP: 219.5
Adrian Gonzalez - ADP: 240
Micheal Cuddyer - ADP: 191

2B
Howie Kendrick - ADP: 137.5
Ian Kinsler - ADP: 208

3B
Ryan Zimmerman - ADP: 68.7
Adrian Beltre - ADP: 117.4

OF
Carl Crawford - ADP: 16.8
Matt Holiday - ADP: 30.3
Alex Rios - ADP: 127.6
Delmon Young - ADP: 103.7
Michael Cuddyer - ADP: 191.7

C
Mike Piazza - ADP: 143.8
Micheal Barrett - ADP: 154

SP
Jake Peavy - ADP: 40.3
Scott Kazmir - ADP: 89.4
C.C. Sabathia - ADP: 92.2
Cole Hamels - ADP: 98.3
Brett Myers - ADP: 88.9
Jason Schmidt - ADP: 116

RP
J.J. Putz - ADP: 84.9
Brad Lidge - ADP: 119.9


Due to Yahoo not showing all players' ADPs, I could not compare all players. This mostly effected RP, SP, and OF. I hope you can glean some value from this post, as I know I have won many a league thanks to your advice.
mongo366
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:14 pm

mongo366 wrote:I've been a long time guest to the forum, soaking up your knowledge, but I finally decided to chip in.

I took the position rankings from the below link and placed the player's Yahoo ADP up next to it. I then averaged the ADPs of the 4 highest players immmediately following a player at that position. If the averaged ADPs were lower than the ADP of the selected player, I have highlighted them.
http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=ys-expertpoll-preseason1-1b&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/mlb

The idea is that real values will appear by figuring out when inferior players are being drafted before them. Here's what I got by position:

SS:
None

1B
Prince Fielder - ADP: 99.1
Lyle Overbay - ADP: 219.5
Adrian Gonzalez - ADP: 240
Micheal Cuddyer - ADP: 191

2B
Howie Kendrick - ADP: 137.5
Ian Kinsler - ADP: 208

3B
Ryan Zimmerman - ADP: 68.7
Adrian Beltre - ADP: 117.4

OF
Carl Crawford - ADP: 16.8
Matt Holiday - ADP: 30.3
Alex Rios - ADP: 127.6
Delmon Young - ADP: 103.7
Michael Cuddyer - ADP: 191.7

C
Mike Piazza - ADP: 143.8
Micheal Barrett - ADP: 154

SP
Jake Peavy - ADP: 40.3
Scott Kazmir - ADP: 89.4
C.C. Sabathia - ADP: 92.2
Cole Hamels - ADP: 98.3
Brett Myers - ADP: 88.9
Jason Schmidt - ADP: 116

RP
J.J. Putz - ADP: 84.9
Brad Lidge - ADP: 119.9


Due to Yahoo not showing all players' ADPs, I could not compare all players. This mostly effected RP, SP, and OF. I hope you can glean some value from this post, as I know I have won many a league thanks to your advice.


solid first post ...

welcome to the cafe ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby One-Hitter » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:44 pm

31. Derek Lee, 1B
"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson
One-Hitter
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 134
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago

Postby hot4tx » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:02 pm

I agree with Lee at #31 being WAY undervalued... my dream senario is to get the #2 pick, take Reyes in the 1st, Sizemore/Bay in the 2nd and Lee in the 3rd.

I would then chug a Keystone Lite in celebration.


...and I also agree with this
Overvalued:

60 Dan Uggla
78 Julio Lugo


Unless people pick drastically different than the rankings my odd Lugo man-crush will have to go unfulfilled this year.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1933
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby walkoffblast » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:30 am

hot4tx wrote:Unless people pick drastically different than the rankings my odd Lugo man-crush will have to go unfulfilled this year.


Upon seeing his astonishingly high yahoo rank I experienced the exact same sentiment.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 518
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:17 pm

anyone like loney at 865 or baker at 844? i know the may not have a starting job but do they have a chance. both profomed well in call ups
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2878
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Kelly Johnson at 672 seems too good to be true for a power/speed guy in a great lineup with a starting job and should qualify at 2B, OF.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Crippler » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:14 pm

Can you guys list opinions of low-valued players in the top-50(ish)? I could really use a small list of Yahoo players which are ranked too low for the first 5 rounds or so.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 428
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact