The cafe didn't get what it wanted... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The cafe didn't get what it wanted...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The cafe didn't get what it wanted...

Postby PresHabib » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:17 pm

and that would be Brandon Webb getting the NL Rookie of the Year. Even worse, it went to Dontrelle. I can't sit here and say that Dontrelle was bad, because he certainly wasn't, but come on, we all know how nasty B-Webb was all year. And Webb didn't even finish seond, he finished THIRD, coming in behind Scott Posednick as well. I guess winning a world championship can push you over the top, but I really would have liked to see Webb get the hardware, he really deserved it.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:22 pm

Actually, I think the Cafe got exactly what it (should have) wanted.

Now Webb will be flying way under the radar going into next year's draft. I'll be more than happy to let the other folks fight over Willis while I pick up Webb as my fourth starter. :-D
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Arlo » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:23 pm

Well, Willis did play a huge role as a catalyst for Florida's run...

I think the award could just as easily have gone to Webb, though.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:27 pm

Webb was strong when Willis was weak...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:34 pm

I had Dontrelle 3rd behind Webb and Pods as most deserving, but I did say that Willis would win it.

Yet another bad move from the voters, in my opinion. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Shitney™ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:36 pm

i'm just glad berroa beat matsui ;-D
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PresHabib » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:36 pm

ramble2 wrote:Actually, I think the Cafe got exactly what it (should have) wanted.

Now Webb will be flying way under the radar going into next year's draft. I'll be more than happy to let the other folks fight over Willis while I pick up Webb as my fourth starter. :-D

thats true...I loved Webb all year and i guess his lack of recognition can allow him to slip into the later rounds of next years draft, where I will eagerly scoop him up.

Speaking of AZ starters, Miguel Batista could wind up being a good value pick in later rounds, depending on where he winds up. If he lands on a good team, expect him to win 15 games with a sub 4 ERA. At least, thats what I see.

Still though...Webb, THIRD for ROY? No sir, I don't like it.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Area51's » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:48 pm

[quote="PresHabib

Speaking of AZ starters, Miguel Batista could wind up being a good value pick in later rounds, depending on where he winds up. If he lands on a good team, expect him to win 15 games with a sub 4 ERA. At least, thats what I see.

quote]

Good point! I think he would be a perfect match for the Cardinals. Arizona had to decline his option because of $$ restraints, but I'm sure they hated letting him go.

He doesn't strike out a ton of guys, but just seems like no one gets good wood on the ball w/ him.
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers