Frustrated and Confused - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Frustrated and Confused

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Tue May 07, 2002 12:01 pm

Ah, but how do you know the folks who have posted in this thread aren't in your league... This could all be a plot cooked up by your rivals (A little paranoia never hurt when contemplating trades). :-D

Seriously, though, glad you like the site!

That group of pitchers is hard to choose from, once you go past Pedro and exclude closers. None of these guys is a sure thing, although I like all of them. The trouble is that those with the highest upside (Padilla and Clement, in my opinion), might be overperforming to a certain extent. Still, I'd choose one of those two, and hope that their high k/ip numbers and excellent control aren't flukes. Padilla would be my choice, but opinions on this group are likely to be all over the board, and you couldn't fault anyone for suggesting Ritchie, Nomo or Sabathia, either.

If the risk of having another hot youngster doesn't scare you, ask for Padilla and possibly a small throw-in, just to see what you could get.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mktgteach » Fri May 10, 2002 9:43 pm

Well, earlier in the week I put up this post about trying to figure out a trade. Well, I have officially made a trade. I think that based on my roster, it is a good trade.

The trade is:

I am sending Shea Hillenbrand/Jamie Moyer

I am getting Mike Mussina

The trade gives me a true stud pitcher, and with Juan Gone almost back, and Ellis Burks back, they will fill my Utility slot, and I would take Mussina over Moyer anyday.
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Arlo » Sat May 11, 2002 4:06 am

Wow - never mind your roster, that's a huge upgrade any way you look at it. Congratulations.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Sat May 11, 2002 9:55 am

Yes I am very happy. Mussina has always been my favorite pitcher going back to his Oriole days.

I am now happy with my roster in that league, barring injuries.....knock on wood.

Now, I am gonig to focus on my other league. I need to trade for an outfielder. My current outfield is:

Cliff Floyd
Ryan Klesko
Tori Hunter

I have Austin Kearns on the bench. Floyd is having a stud year, but Klesko and Hunter worry me about putting up consistent numbers. Back to the war room to work on some possible trades!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers