The new Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The new Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:09 am

Archduke Chocula wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:I sent this in to Yahoo! help.

I am running an offline draft on my website and am having difficulties getting to the submit draft results page. Every time I click it, it takes me to a blank page. I had been there a few times last night and saved some of it, but I have not been able to get into it today.

and got this reply...

This is happening to everyone, engineering should have this resolved Monday morning.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are investigating this issue and will make any appropriate corrections as soon as possible.

Just wanted to update anyone who was wondering about it.

Monday morning? They act like they are the cable company. I bet they could find some IT people who are fantasy geeks like us and they'd be there tonight to get this fixed.

But thanks for the 411.

Yeah, I keep getting sent to an ERROR 550 page.

I really think they should have but the Trade Block on the league front page so managers know when those players on on the block. Clicking Player link and then finding the almost hidden Trade Block link is not as good as it could be. If it was on the 1st page, more managers would see it instead of having to look for it.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 am

Archduke Chocula wrote:
McCarroll21 wrote:I sent this in to Yahoo! help.

I am running an offline draft on my website and am having difficulties getting to the submit draft results page. Every time I click it, it takes me to a blank page. I had been there a few times last night and saved some of it, but I have not been able to get into it today.

and got this reply...

This is happening to everyone, engineering should have this resolved Monday morning.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are investigating this issue and will make any appropriate corrections as soon as possible.

Just wanted to update anyone who was wondering about it.

Monday morning? They act like they are the cable company. I bet they could find some IT people who are fantasy geeks like us and they'd be there tonight to get this fixed.

But thanks for the 411.

I think that is me you are talking about ;-)

Not as easy as you'd think, and it turned out to be a pretty nasty problem. But I happened to peek in here to see the problems you were having, and I think I have it fixed now. Give it a try, and let me know if you see more problems.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby McCarroll21 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:20 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I think that is me you are talking about ;-)

Not as easy as you'd think, and it turned out to be a pretty nasty problem. But I happened to peek in here to see the problems you were having, and I think I have it fixed now. Give it a try, and let me know if you see more problems.

Sweet! Fixed on my end. Let's hope it stays that way.
McCarroll21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Archduke Chocula » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:57 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I think that is me you are talking about ;-)

Thanks, first of all. Second, I made my comment because it sounded like Yahoo was just waiting until the next business day to worry about getting that working-- which is par for the course with many businesses (don't bug us on the weekend)-- not that they were working on this from Saturday forward and that it was such a huge problem that they believed it wouldn't be done until Monday morning. Whatever the case, it is very much appreciated. Long live IT professionals who happen to be fantasy sports geeks!
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby madmax391 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:27 pm

I appreciate that a Yahoo representative is often on the Cafe' to find out "real" issues from "real" fantasy baseball junkies. Sunday night and they are resolving issues? Nice! Thanks.
madmax391
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:45 am

madmax391 wrote:I appreciate that a Yahoo representative is often on the Cafe' to find out "real" issues from "real" fantasy baseball junkies. Sunday night and they are resolving issues? Nice! Thanks.

We try, we try :-)

I guess I didn't give the same intro/preface here I gave on the basketball side. I do work on Yahoo Fantasy Sports. There will probably be plenty of times that I can't tell you all you might like to know, or do what you'd like me to do, but I'll do my best to check in here and take feedback as I can.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Lakerfan88 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:31 am

i havent checked espn.com's fantasy baseball, whats impressive over yahoo?

do they give more features?
Lakerfan88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 am

I made a league for Braves fans and on February 17, 2007 it said the draft order had been changed from "random" to "ordered."

Although next to everyone it says "select". My league mates are wondering why it was changed. The problem is I don't remember changing it. I changed my yahoo password to keep anything from happeneing again. Nothing else was done. It is still "random" the order will not be touched.

I went under commish tools to try and change it back to "random" and that option is no where to be found. Beside everyone's team name it says "select".. Does this mean its still random or what happens now, do I have to scrap the league and reform it. I want to save it before having to make a new one.

What can I tell my league mates to count that the draft will be generated by yahoo! I see no point in making a specific draft order, what's the point?

Problem is I don't know any of these guys, I don't think, and they don't know who I am. So their assuming the worst.

What can I do, I am in a pickle, seriously. I wonder when it happened. I made a live draft and everything was ok for the first day or two then it said "changed to ordered" but there isnt' a specific order set. And besides that wouldn't be fair anyways!

:~(
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1943)

Postby Big Game JLo » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:28 am

Lakerfan88 wrote:i havent checked espn.com's fantasy baseball, whats impressive over yahoo?

do they give more features?

Oh my god! I just stumbled on to ESPN fantasy! If you haven't checked it out you should! It makes Yahoo look like a joke! They even have a free stattracker from what I hear! They have things like allowing you to set up a keeper league so that you can perform your draft around your keepers! You have the ability to personalize your league page. Post headlines of important match ups. Personalize trophies. Create polls for the other managers to vote on serious or fun issues.

I have yet to play even one fantasy game on ESPN, but I may have just been won over!!! ;-D
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lakerfan88 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:37 am

last year i played fantasy football on espn, it was okay

i just hate the log in process of espn. i havent played in espn fantasy for over a year so maybe they changed. im already tied up in 3 yahoo leagues and i dont think i can manage another league in espn
Lakerfan88
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers