ESPN's Top 50 FA's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN's Top 50 FA's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN's Top 50 FA's

Postby nsulham » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:31 pm

An interesting read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/stor ... freeagents

Vlad to the Orioles?
Colon to the Yanks?
Miggy to LA?

Guess time will tell.....
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:24 pm

Keep an eye on the Cafe's own free agent watch as well.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24364

Feel free to add to it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby eftda » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:28 pm

thast what i think, Tejada to the Dodgers...
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PresHabib » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:33 pm

I dont see Todd Walker leaving Boston..he said he was happy here and would take a home team discount to remain with the team. this leads to believe that the prediction that Castillo will wind up in Boston is also unlikely. Millwood also, according to rumors I've heard, has virtually no chance of landing in Boston. And I am saddened that the Yankees are predicted to get Sheffield, Hawkins, AND Colon.

Didn't Tejada say he wanted to come to Boston? I heard somewhere that he would love a shot at the wall and I don't know what to think about it. Is there any truth to that rumor? Certainly doesn't make much sense with Nomar still here and the Red Sox need for pitching, but you never know where these rumors come from, right.

Interesting stuff, though I disagree with the likelyhood of some of it ;-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1118
Joined: 20 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park

Postby ukjohn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:50 pm

PresHabib wrote:I dont see Todd Walker leaving Boston..he said he was happy here and would take a home team discount to remain with the team. this leads to believe that the prediction that Castillo will wind up in Boston is also unlikely. Millwood also, according to rumors I've heard, has virtually no chance of landing in Boston. And I am saddened that the Yankees are predicted to get Sheffield, Hawkins, AND Colon.

Didn't Tejada say he wanted to come to Boston? I heard somewhere that he would love a shot at the wall and I don't know what to think about it. Is there any truth to that rumor? Certainly doesn't make much sense with Nomar still here and the Red Sox need for pitching, but you never know where these rumors come from, right.

Interesting stuff, though I disagree with the likelyhood of some of it ;-D


I don't know where you get this stuff at. First off Walker is gone. I love him, but the Red Sox don't want him. Castillo, Eckstein, Kennedy, etc.

Tejada isn't going to Boston. No way in the world that will happen. Tejada has said many times he wants to go to the coast. So he will either be in LA or Anaheim. My guess is Anaheim, but LA could make a bigger push for him. I think both will get a SS though, with Kaz Matusi going to the loser of the Tejada bidding.
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby eftda » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:52 pm

ukjohn wrote:I don't know where you get this stuff at. First off Walker is gone. I love him, but the Red Sox don't want him. Castillo, Eckstein, Kennedy, etc.

Tejada isn't going to Boston. No way in the world that will happen. Tejada has said many times he wants to go to the coast. So he will either be in LA or Anaheim. My guess is Anaheim, but LA could make a bigger push for him. I think both will get a SS though, with Kaz Matusi going to the loser of the Tejada bidding.


There is an east coast
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ukjohn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:53 pm

eftda wrote:
ukjohn wrote:I don't know where you get this stuff at. First off Walker is gone. I love him, but the Red Sox don't want him. Castillo, Eckstein, Kennedy, etc.

Tejada isn't going to Boston. No way in the world that will happen. Tejada has said many times he wants to go to the coast. So he will either be in LA or Anaheim. My guess is Anaheim, but LA could make a bigger push for him. I think both will get a SS though, with Kaz Matusi going to the loser of the Tejada bidding.


There is an east coast


I meant the West Coast. Figured you would understand.
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:01 pm

ukjohn wrote:
eftda wrote:
ukjohn wrote:I don't know where you get this stuff at. First off Walker is gone. I love him, but the Red Sox don't want him. Castillo, Eckstein, Kennedy, etc.

Tejada isn't going to Boston. No way in the world that will happen. Tejada has said many times he wants to go to the coast. So he will either be in LA or Anaheim. My guess is Anaheim, but LA could make a bigger push for him. I think both will get a SS though, with Kaz Matusi going to the loser of the Tejada bidding.


There is an east coast


I meant the West Coast. Figured you would understand.


Maybe Tejada was referring to playing off the coast of Japan? 8-o

Lmao! :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Shitney™ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:20 pm

either way i wouldn't say that boston is on the "Coast", i think Delaware has more coastal area than massachusetts :-)
Shitney™
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 666
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sky Sox Front Office

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:28 pm

Shitney™ wrote:either way i wouldn't say that boston is on the "Coast", i think Delaware has more coastal area than massachusetts :-)


Have you heard of Cape Cod? Martha's Vinyard? Nantucket? You're crazy.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact