Michael Cuddyer????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Cuddyer?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Michael Cuddyer?????

Postby kemper5 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:34 am

I too totally think Cuddyer can duplicate or be better than 06's numbers. I like where he's positioned in the lineup and lets not forget he had a pretty decent 2nd half of 06 to the tune of .296 ave, 13 HR's 61 RBI, 54 Runs ;-D .. I see a .282 ave, 25 HR, 112 RBI type season out of him..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:58 am

His break out season wasn't much of a break out. The individual stats of .284 and 24 HR were nothing to write home about and just a little above normal progression for a 28 yr old finding an everyday job. It's the team dependant stats that jumped way up. Runs almost doubled to 102 and RBI more than doubled to 109. So if you believe in the Twins and how they are going to use him then he can recreate last year. If you believe that Morneau, Mauer and Hunter can recreate last year, then so could Cuddyer. Here's their projected lineup:

Castillo
Punto
Mauer
Cuddyer
Morneau
Hunter
White
Kubel
Bartlett

Too many people in that lineup had career years, especially the big hitters around Cuddyer. I think that the entire team will regress offensively, meaning fewer Runs and RBI for Cuddyer. His BA has been pretty consistent so I think that he can hit .280 again. I don't expect much more than 20 HR from him. Runs and RBI will fall below 100 IMO, 85-90 of each.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomdoyle3 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 am

haha so you're saying that mauer and morneau just had career years, at the ages of 23 and 24? Don't forget, these two players are two of the most highly touted prospects in the history of the twins. If anything, they will improve on their numbers, not regress. :-o
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:19 am

tomdoyle3 wrote:haha so you're saying that mauer and morneau just had career years, at the ages of 23 and 24? Don't forget, these two players are two of the most highly touted prospects in the history of the twins. If anything, they will improve on their numbers, not regress. :-o

It isn't completely unheard of for some players to have career years at such a young age. Do you really thin Mauer will improve on his .429 OBP.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 am

tomdoyle3 wrote:haha so you're saying that mauer and morneau just had career years, at the ages of 23 and 24? Don't forget, these two players are two of the most highly touted prospects in the history of the twins. If anything, they will improve on their numbers, not regress. :-o

Mauer and Morneau are complete and total studs. But I do think that they will regress.

Mauer was the first catcher to ever win the AL batting crown. He won't repeat that this year. He batted .378 with a .535 SLG pre-AS but .311 with a .472 post-AS. He will bat over .300 and be great for a catcher.

Morneau is just coming into his own but I don't see him getting nearly as many pitches to hit this year. Last year Morneau took 53 walks and SO 93 times. Pujols had those numbers reversed and took 92 walks and SO 50 times. If Morneau can do the same we will be comparing him to Pujols this time next year.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby cordscords » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:36 pm

I've got Cuddyer marked for a regression, but still good enough to be a #3 OF.

.270, 20 HR, 85 RBI, 85 R, 5 SB
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:47 pm

I agree with Cuddyer being a respectable 3rd OF option. Not expecting much of a regression in his overall 06 numbers.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Michael Cuddyer?????

Postby kemper5 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:22 pm

cordscords wrote:I've got Cuddyer marked for a regression, but still good enough to be a #3 OF.

Im not sure he will move back this much cutting back 25 RBI and 15 runs. He's always been healthy but bounced around until last year, I expect another 550+ AB season and at minimum 20+, 95+ RBI, 90+ RBI, .280+. Again, he's sandwiched in such a prime position. The guys in front of him are on base alot and his protection is great, he's still only 28 yrs old and I think he's going to be a #2 OF for the next few years just like last year.. Let's remember just how highly touted he was back from 2001-2003..To me it all is ;-D ;-D ;-D
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomdoyle3 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

It isn't completely unheard of for some players to have career years at such a young age. Do you really thin Mauer will improve on his .429 OBP.

yes i understand that.. but if they do regress, it wont be much, and mauer and morneau are going to be top notch hitters, period, there should be no questions about either of them.
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Michael Cuddyer?????

Postby KOSTAS » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:06 pm

kemper5 wrote:
cordscords wrote:I've got Cuddyer marked for a regression, but still good enough to be a #3 OF.

Im not sure he will move back this much cutting back 25 RBI and 15 runs. He's always been healthy but bounced around until last year, I expect another 550+ AB season and at minimum 20+, 95+ RBI, 90+ RBI, .280+. Again, he's sandwiched in such a prime position. The guys in front of him are on base alot and his protection is great, he's still only 28 yrs old and I think he's going to be a #2 OF for the next few years just like last year.. Let's remember just how highly touted he was back from 2001-2003..To me it all is ;-D ;-D ;-D

Very well put. I agree completely. Cuddy is on the way up. Buy in while he is still relatively cheap. The Twins are going to lock him up with a long term deal and he will be a big part of their offense for years to come.
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers