Mid Relievers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mid Relievers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Broxton has the highest K/9 that i've found. Plus guys like Turnbow while they have great k/9 they kill your era and whip.


How'd I miss Broxton? Actually, Julio topped him last year (12.0 versus 11.4).

I didn't really address WHIP, since the poster didn't focus on that, but you are right.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Doc19 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 am

How about Howry on the Cubbies? Who knows what'll happen with THAT bullpen
Doc19
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 313
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jersey Shore

Postby davidmarver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Kingctb27 wrote:Linebrink and Scot Shields are definitely in the top 5.

Actually, Linebrink wasn't in the top five in that category last season. He was overused early on and his velocity dropped from 94/95 to 91 for a sizable portion of the season. In September he was back to the mid 90s, so I think he's fine for '07, but I wouldn't put him in the top five for K/9 next season.

I think Zumaya and Broxton top the crop of relievers K/9-wise for 2007.


Not if you go by 2006 numbers using a minimum of 40 IP. Assuming Valverde and FCordero close, the top two MR by K/9 in 2006 would be Julio and Turnbow.

I wrote that Zumaya and Broxton top the crop of reliever K/9-wise for 2007. I think you misread my year. ;-D
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:17 pm

davidmarver wrote:I wrote that Zumaya and Broxton top the crop of reliever K/9-wise for 2007. I think you misread my year. ;-D


No, even in 2006, Broxton was #2 behind Julio. I just must have glanced right past him when I put down the top 20.

I was really surprised at Julio's numbers. I think some of the other guys on my list (Cabrera, Cassidy, Aquino) could be real sleepers. Vizcaino was someone that a lot of people missed, also.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby davidmarver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:17 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I wrote that Zumaya and Broxton top the crop of reliever K/9-wise for 2007. I think you misread my year. ;-D


No, even in 2006, Broxton was #2 behind Julio. I just must have glanced right past him when I put down the top 20.

I was really surprised at Julio's numbers. I think some of the other guys on my list (Cabrera, Cassidy, Aquino) could be real sleepers. Vizcaino was someone that a lot of people missed, also.

I still think you're misreading what I wrote. I wrote that in 2007 the top of the crop K/9 wise is going to be Zumaya and Broxton.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:25 pm

davidmarver wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
davidmarver wrote:I wrote that Zumaya and Broxton top the crop of reliever K/9-wise for 2007. I think you misread my year. ;-D


No, even in 2006, Broxton was #2 behind Julio. I just must have glanced right past him when I put down the top 20.

I was really surprised at Julio's numbers. I think some of the other guys on my list (Cabrera, Cassidy, Aquino) could be real sleepers. Vizcaino was someone that a lot of people missed, also.

I still think you're misreading what I wrote. I wrote that in 2007 the top of the crop K/9 wise is going to be Zumaya and Broxton.


I understand. I'm saying that K/9 is a pretty repeatable stat, so if you want to know who is likely to be at the top in 2007, look at who was at the top in 2006. Broxton was there, too, but I missed him. And there are a number of guys that people were listed that weren't even in the top 20 in 2006, and won't be anywhere near it in 2007. And, there are a lot of guys that were not listed that were very good K/9 in 2006 and will probably be there again in 2007.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact